Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with friends and cliques

• 18-08-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'll try make it short as I can but its a complicated story.

Myself and a bunch of friends moved country last year. Most were good friends and we got on well.

When we arrived people began getting a little cliquey. I found out one of them started a rumour about me and another guy in the group. I don't know where he start this from, the guy never asked me or said anything but i heard from another that he had told everyone. People began getting a bit sh***y with me and I brought it up a few times to insist it's not true but they didn't listen or care. So I gave up caring what they thought.

That was months ago and even the guy who I was supposed to have the problem with confronted me, I set him straight and now everything's fine with him, we were never best friends in the world but we are grand with each other when we are around together and can have a laugh.

Anyway, in all this time I was getting less and less contact from them. Next I hear from another friend that they are sending around emails and stuff making plans for going on trips or going out at the weekend and I am being left off the list. I only found out as he wanted to go on one trip lately and asked if I was going but I hadn't heard about it.

I really didn't care for so long but I'm about to blow after this weekend.

Each week these "friends" wake me up at 6am certain mornings to ask me for lifts to work and stuff, not even a text the night before half the time now. I was picking them up, up to now but I'm sick of it. Why am I going out of my way and being woken at 6am for people who talk lies behind my back and want nothing to do with me outside calling me when they want something.

I share a car with my roommate. He drives it to work a day a week and I use it the rest. He was invited. He told me about it but I said i didn't want to go where I'm not invited.

I filled the tank on Friday morning before work and when I got in it Monday morning it was in the red and I had to fill it again to get to work. I mean, I didn't fill the tank to let them drive on a trip I'm not invited.
    They also passed through ten tolls. I got a bill from the Toll Pass Company on Monday for $15, I had already topped up my account with $15 last week!! Again, I'm paying for this!!

I said it to one of them as I drove them home last week, what am I being left off the emails for but he blamed someone else and got very annoyed with me... I had a mind to stop my car and let him out. And it happened again the next day about going to the cinema, I wasn't told.

This is just the last straw in a long line of similar events.

I'm sick of it, I don't want to be woken up by them or driving them around if they are talking behind my back making up lies and being sh***y with me because they believe their own lies. Why am I going out of my way for them. I've told my room-mate I'm not driving them anywhere anymore so this morning they called him and not me as they knew I'd refuse to pick them up.

I'm totally sick of it.... If I even mention it my room-mate thinks I'm always moaning but this is just horrible that a big gang of people believe their own lies, I'm living a long way from home and thought I was with a good bunch of people.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Keep your carkeys on your person at all times so that they can't take your car wihtout permission.
    Don't drive your friends to work at six in the morning, especially if it's a last minute, regular request.
    Find a new bunch of friends. Go off and do your own thing and forget about them. They're not worth your time. You should be enjoying yourself, not worrying about some losers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im getting ready to start my second year in college and dreading it a bit now. My first year, though I did make one good friend, was a lonely experience.
    Although I tried to talk to people, nothing seemed to click. The more the year went on, the more bound the cliques became and it felt impossible to break.

I travel one hour to get to college everyday, so going out is difficult. Also, the transport only runs at very particular times so joining clubs or socs is not really an option.

I have never had any problem making friends or talking to people, in my home town I have lots of friends and find it easy to get to know people, but for some reason things in college just didn't go that well.

I am a very sociable person, in college I always took the initiative to chat to people, but everyone seemed very happy to just stick with the people they know.

I want to enjoy my time in college, but I can't do this on my own! The one person I did form some sort of relationship with will have a completely different timetable this year so I will definatly be all on my lonesome... :(

Advertisement