Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astromaster 90EQ

Options
  • 18-08-2010 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

I am currently looking to buy my first telescope and the Astromaster 90EQ caught my eye. Im mainly interested in viewing the moon and the planets. Can anyone tell me if this telescope is a good choice? Also would it be worth spending the extra cash and going for the 90EQ-MD?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I have the same scope. I find it to be very good. However, the finder scope is rubbish on it and almost put me off using again. I then bought a Telrad finder scope and it made using the telescope so much easier.
    The moon looks stunning through it. With Saturn you can make out the rings and see its moons. With Jupiter on a good night you can make out some cloud bands.

Advertisement