Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City West Travel???

Options
  • 18-08-2010 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Need some help...just got a job in City West business park and seeing as i dont know dublin at all i decided to rent a place in city west area. House is nice and settling in2 work but now I have a problem...on nites out into Dublin itself what can i do travel wise?? bus,luas,taxi??? The odd time there mite be people going and coming the same direction as me so taxi fares can be split but what are my options to get to and from town on nites out?? does anybody know the price of the taxi?

Would appreciate any help....

Cheers:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Last bus leave the city centre at 2330. Last Luas to Tallaght leaves about 0030. Nitelinks on Friday and Saturday night route 49n, 54n, 69n, 77n (best).

Taxi 15km = €4.45+14*1.35 = approximately €23.35 + extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

The 65B is the most frequent bus that serves Citywest - the last one is at 11.30pm. It leaves the city centre from Eden Quay, which is just east of O'Connell bridge.

If you stay out a bit later, and you want to save money on a taxi all the way, you could get the Luas to Tallaght then a taxi. The last Luas leaves town at 1230am, Monday night to Saturday night, and 1130pm on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

There's a 77n nightlink on friday & saturday that finishes just before corbally just up from the shopping centre.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/77n/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Kaz88

Thanks Guys

At least i have a few options now i suppose...mid week nites out might be a problem but weekends should be fine really....mad week i might just have to splash out on the taxi fare it seems!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Kaz88 wrote: »
    Thanks Guys

At least i have a few options now i suppose...mid week nites out might be a problem but weekends should be fine really....mad week i might just have to splash out on the taxi fare it seems!!

65B takes more than 1 hour from the city centre to citywest, so bring your ipod with you...and an alarm clock in case u fall asleep. :D
    a taxi can cost up to 35 euro :mad:
    the LUAS will have a stop in citywest in 201x (where x = current year + 1)

• Advertisement
Advertisement