Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jon Walters signs for Stoke

• 18-08-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

For £2.75M from Ipswich. Great to have another Irish player in the Premier League. :) Can play winger/striker, good in the air and very hard working. The type of player Pulis loves.

As an aside, anyone reckon he'll be a shoe-in for Armenia or will Trap persist with Sheridan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Very poor player, he'll do absolutely nothing in the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

His goal return isnt very impressive, and i cant see him been much of a success..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Has he been called up to an Irish squad yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Thread hasn't gone very well.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

As an aside, anyone reckon he'll be a shoe-in for Armenia or will Trap persist with Sheridan?

He'll hardly be a shoe in with 0 international caps in fairness! Doyle should be fit anyway no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Was very surprised at this transfer. Average player who turns 27 soon. Not like he is a young guy who will grow into a better player. What you see is what you get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Colm_purchase

If the poor chap is reading this he may as well retire now:eek:
    Give him a chance. Tony Pulis has proved to be a good manager and obviously sees something in Walters.
    If becomes a regular with Stoke he will be a shoe in for an international call-up. We already have a Stoke reserve in our first 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Nearly 3 million for an average Championship striker. Is he mad?

Can't see him doing anything in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Strange move considering they already have Jones, Sibide, Kitson and Fuller. Jones is guaranteed a start and the other three played a bit last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Ian_K wrote: »
    He'll hardly be a shoe in with 0 international caps in fairness! Doyle should be fit anyway no?

That's why I said squad, not starting XI ;)

Mezcita wrote: »
    Strange move considering they already have Jones, Sibide, Kitson and Fuller. Jones is guaranteed a start and the other three played a bit last season.

Heard Jones left the field in tears after 10 mins against Wolves? Sounded serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ipswich must be rubbing their hands in glee at this one. Hardly worth 1 let alone 2 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

He is quite a decent player, he works hard, can score goals, he is quite good and the negative opinions are because he didn't come from a big name.

I am glad he got his chance to play in the premiership. He was one of the best signings Ipswich have made.

Good luck Jon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Just think of the amount of ex-Sunderland/Man United players Keane can buy with 2.75mil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Gillington wrote: »
    Just think of the amount of ex-Sunderland/Man United players Keane can buy with 2.75mil!

Kieran Richardson, David Bellion, Roy Carroll, Eric 2 Djembas, Phil Bardsley, Mikael Silvestre....take yer pick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

For £2.75M from Ipswich. Great to have another Irish player in the Premier League. :) Can play winger/striker, good in the air and very hard working. The type of player Pulis loves.

That's why I said squad, not starting XI ;)

You didnt say either in fairness ;)

Ian_K wrote: »
    You didnt say either in fairness ;)

My bad! :o:P Well tbf only an idiot would start him ahead of Doyle so it was kinda obvious what I meant to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Kieran Richardson, David Bellion, Roy Carroll, Eric 2 Djembas, Phil Bardsley, Mikael Silvestre....take yer pick!

If he gave us £2.75m for Bardsley I'd be over the moon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

angel01 wrote: »
    He is quite a decent player, he works hard, can score goals, he is quite good and the negative opinions are because he didn't come from a big name.

I am glad he got his chance to play in the premiership. He was one of the best signings Ipswich have made.

Good luck Jon :)

Jason Scotland was good for Swansea........ We all know how that one turned out. Personally I think he's an average player.

• Advertisement
Advertisement