Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers: War For Cybertron / Fall of Cybertron

Options
  • 18-08-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Has anyone played this yet? If so, on what format? They claim this could be the game to give the fans exactly what they want and introduce new fans to the series.

As official cannon it looks like something I need to get my hands on pretty quick!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's been out a good while now.

It's really only okay... could have been a lot better.

The PS2 Transformers game still holds the crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I have it on the 360. The story mode honestly wasnt great. I bought it for the multiplayer modes which are fantastic, but sadly the community is dying. Last time i check there was about 50 people playing team death match and 12 on conquest mode, which is enough to join a game, but say the host of the game is somewhere outside europe it can be quite laggy and you will be stuck in a laggy game with the lack of players

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but I bought this second hand recently and I'm really enjoying it.

Been playing a good bit of conquest mode over the weekend, averaging 8 players in some games which is good craic.

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but I bought this second hand recently and I'm really enjoying it.

Been playing a good bit of conquest mode over the weekend, averaging 8 players in some games which is good craic.

The online is really fantastic in WFC. Nice break away from the CoD's and Battlefields. Hope they bring out a WFC 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

How much is it going for second hand these days? been meaning to pick uo a copy myself...

• Advertisement

I nearly picked it up second hand yesterday. It was about 16 or 17 in Game

Hope they bring out a WFC 2...

The new DOTM game should fill that gap, it's from the same developers :)

They're keeping the multiplayer with a few tweaks, such as changes to the scientist class and being able to use named characters instead of the generic chasis that WFC uses.

Picked up my 2nd hand copy in CEX on Liffey St. a few weeks ago, was definitely under €20 and they had a few copies.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Galvasean wrote: »
    How much is it going for second hand these days? been meaning to pick uo a copy myself...

If you pick up a ps3 copy I am reasonably sure chopper and I would do a 3 player run through with you :)

Should've clarified, it's the Xbox 360 version I picked up.

Online most evenings for a game of conquest if anybody's up for it.

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Should've clarified, it's the Xbox 360 version I picked up.

Online most evenings for a game of conquest if anybody's up for it.

Sold mine once i hit "prestige" in the multiplayer. Kinda regret it since sometimes i would like to jump back in for some online. At 20 quid you cant go wrong with this game...

• Advertisement

Sold mine once i hit "prestige" in the multiplayer. Kinda regret it since sometimes i would like to jump back in for some online. At 20 quid you cant go wrong with this game...

Can't believe I waited so long to pick it up. WIll be getting the DOTM game a lot sooner I think.

You could always jump into the new game's multiplayer ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

I honestly hope you dont buy the DOTM game. I cleared it in 1 sitting. All achievements. Multiplayer is poor to boot. Majorly disappointing!

I honestly hope you dont buy the DOTM game. I cleared it in 1 sitting. All achievements. Multiplayer is poor to boot. Majorly disappointing!

Don't worry I won't be. Have been reading the reviews and it sounds like it was a bit rushed.

So just going to rent it for a weekend.

On the upside, WFC is 5x XP in multiplayer for good now, so levelling up is no longer such a chore!

Need a hand with the reach level 15 on escalation achievement if anyone can help? :D

Send me an invite to a game if I'm online, I'll give a hand.

Got it today with Randoms! Always as soon as I ask for help! :P

Got it today with Randoms! Always as soon as I ask for help! :P

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

de sequel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnazs2t5Brg

dinobots and bruticus.

**** yeah !

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Jazz too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I believe Hasbro have indicated that this time round there will be a more comprehensive toy line.

Still, rather underwhelemed by what we've seen of Bruticus so far.... It's so long since Hasbro have attempted a proper gestalt, i may have expected a bit much.

• Advertisement

ibv9w1P95dCwJ3.gif

iAChuCTfk18iM.gif

Oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

^ 2nd hand rumor indicates they might get round to a full set of Dinobots this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah FFS.. no PC version this time by the look of it :(

wernstrom! wrote: »

Cool stuff. i was wondering how they justified Grimlock being a dinosaur.

Played teh first (Decepticon) mission in War For Cybertron today. I'm liking it so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Galvasean wrote: »
    Played teh first (Decepticon) mission in War For Cybertron today. I'm liking it so far :)

What format? If it's PS3 I'm sure me and DooM could be convinced to run through co-op again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What format? If it's PS3 I'm sure me and DooM could be convinced to run through co-op again.

Absolutely.

• Advertisement

Ps3. Yeah, I'll get me a bit of practice first. I'm still at that awkward stage where I run sideways and fall into deep chasms.

Advertisement