Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shellac Nails

Options
  • 18-08-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where they do these in Galway and for how much? I got them done in Dublin 3 weeks ago and they need to be done again. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

I went to a place in Dun na Coirbe called "Alainn Professional" to get my make-up done for a wedding and I noticed that the girl who runs it does Shellac nails (I'm linked to the page on facebook now, so saw the update). I don't know how much she charges, but she works from home and seemed really nice. This is the facebook link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alainn-Professional/122645657441?ref=ts#!/pages/Alainn-Professional/122645657441?v=wall&ref=ts I'm not her or anything so hope this isn't considered advertising :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm curious as to why you'd make fake nails out of shellac, previously known for being exceptionally brittle? Have the top scientists in the underground Laboratoire Garnier base inside a hollowed out volcano made a breakthrough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

It's like the majority of female products, they're not supposed to last. That way there is more business and demand for all these companies.

My theory is if you start wearing moisturiser, product etc it will make your skin soft for a while and then later it will become dry requiring more of said product. It's a downward spiral after that then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

It really does last, the nails are not made of it, a coating is put on your own nails and it is done under a UV light three times. I don't know why or how it works but mine only have to b redone as there is so much growth, no chipping! I know I saw it somewhere for twenty so am wondering did anyone else? Hmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Robbo wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why you'd make fake nails out of shellac, previously known for being exceptionally brittle? Have the top scientists in the underground Laboratoire Garnier base inside a hollowed out volcano made a breakthrough?

I'm pretty sure it's just a name... I doubt the material is actually shellac

Also how much does it cost? It's my birthday... if it's 20 or so I might do it as a treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Hi,

A new beauty salon opened next to Hickeys in Corbet Court abd are charging €20 for them. Im getting the manicure, and french done tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DRSPOK

Nonie at Renaissance on Merchants Road
    20Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

DRSPOK wrote: »
    Nonie at Renaissance on Merchants Road
    20Euro

Going getting mine done there, will let ye know how it goes. Never had gel nails or anything like that before, so it'll be good to see how it lasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Going getting mine done there, will let ye know how it goes. Never had gel nails or anything like that before, so it'll be good to see how it lasts

Looking forward to hearing how you got on! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I got a voucher for the place above briarhill pharmacy for my birthday so I'm going to get them done there soon... too bad all my nails got broken off within half an hour of starting to pack books into boxes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

Ruby_Woo wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing how you got on! :)

LOVE them. Got coral, gorgeous summery colour, should probably have gone for red. They haven't chipped at all a week in, and I've been doing seriously messy work. Deffo going getting them done as often as I can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I've had them done since I wrote that, every three weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

I love them....Getting them done tomorrow for Christmas!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement