Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC superiority?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Inquitus wrote: »
    Nokia utterly fail at touch screen phones.

Symbian needs to be killed off asap. Android is just so much better in every single way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    60mm is 6cm's.

The n900 is only 2 :P

I meant 6mm, been away on hols and only had my desire for company, typos aplenty ;)

It still stands that the N900 is over 3x thicker than the Galaxy S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Venom wrote: »
    Nokia add so many cool little touches be it really sweet headphone controls you can use any brand of headphones in to the great phone-PC software it can really make there products shine.

HTC tho I would go with for overall build quality and better looking devices.

Are you serious? Nokia PC Suite is an absolute balls of a piece of software.

Are you serious? Nokia PC Suite is an absolute balls of a piece of software.

Aye its a horrendous bloated POS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Aye its a horrendous bloated POS.
    As is iTunes and pretty much every PC Sync app. HTC Sync is pretty light and simple but it hardly does anything. OTA Cloud Syncing is the way to go these days

As is iTunes and pretty much every PC Sync app. HTC Sync is pretty light and simple but it hardly does anything. OTA Cloud Syncing is the way to go these days

Aye shame apple charge over $100 a year for a service not too far removed from what google provides android users for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

so does microsoft :) microsoft my phone free cloud storage for contacts/messages/pictures and even music auto sync :)

so does microsoft :) microsoft my phone free cloud storage for contacts/messages/pictures and even music auto sync :)

Aye but windows mobile 6.5 is a steaming turd, HTC have done their best to polish it, but its still a turd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Venom wrote: »
    Symbian needs to be killed off asap. Android is just so much better in every single way.

I've tried explaining this for the benefit of inq but he doesn't get the idea that it's Nokia's software on a phone that gives the experience.

• Advertisement

I've tried explaining this for the benefit of inq but he doesn't get the idea that it's Nokia's software on a phone that gives the experience.

I have had symbian phones, symbian is awful in comparison to modern smartphone OS's, until nokia use a decent OS they are screwed in the smartphone space. Anyone who says a phone with symbian is a serious smartphone doesnt know a decent smartphone if it hit them on the nose.

http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/2010/07/symbian-guru-com-is-over.html

Is just an example of how bad symbian is, doesn't matter if the phone has the best hardware in the world if the OS and UI suck as badly as symbian does.

Aye but windows mobile 6.5 is a steaming turd, HTC have done their best to polish it, but its still a turd.

well you keep thinking that :) my windows 6.5 is as polished up as android or the iPhone...ok you have a lack of apps but i can dual boot android :) so which ones better? :D

home1u.pngmessagesg.pngmusicplayerlandscape.pngsettingsa.png

whats not polished up about that :)

whats not polished up about that :)

Just about everything lol. I had an Xperia X1 Custom ROM with Sense, and then a HD2 on appro at work, Windows 6.5 is fcuking horrible, even after HTC polish it.

Just about everything lol. I had an Xperia X1 Custom ROM with Sense, and then a HD2 on appro at work, Windows 6.5 is fcuking horrible, even after HTC polish it.

tbh i dont see any difference :) rest my case :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I have had symbian phones, symbian is awful in comparison to modern smartphone OS's, until nokia use a decent OS they are screwed in the smartphone space. Anyone who says a phone with symbian is a serious smartphone doesnt know a decent smartphone if it hit them on the nose.

http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/2010/07/symbian-guru-com-is-over.html

Is just an example of how bad symbian is, doesn't matter if the phone has the best hardware in the world if the OS and UI suck as badly as symbian does.

Symbian is one of the most advanced and well optimised OS for mobiles out there. It's technically more than capable of keeping up with the likes of Android, however the UIs have been piss poor, hardware caught short and the platforms development has been handled extremely poorly.

well optimized? it was not even close to well optimized on my x-N97...laggy piece of sh1te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

well optimized? it was not even close to well optimized on my x-N97...laggy piece of sh1te

As i didn't seem to make myself clear i'm talking about the core OS. It still surprises me the amount of self confessed phone fanatics that don't understand the basic difference between the OS and the UI e.g. symbian, s60 , s^3 etc.

care to explain? :D im interested ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

care to explain? :D im interested ;)
    Symbian is actually quite a good OS. It definitley had/has the potential to out Android but it suffers from being shipped with poor hardware (465MHz CPU on Nokia phones shared from 5230 up to the N97) and horrible clunky UIs that just don't work on anything with a touchscreen. That and the fact it's almost completely stagnant when it comes to development. The Ovi store is a farce that works 1/10 times and when it does it's a pain to use. It's a great OS but it just hasn't been cared for properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

http://thenokiablog.com/2010/08/19/nokia-n9-leaked-photos/

Nokia Own Trolltech/QT too so I do believe they've plans in the future for nice UI's.

well i hope its in meego for their top end devices...im still shaken up by the N97...just thinking off it makes you shiver...

• Advertisement
Advertisement