Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HR department is our General Manager

Options
  • 18-08-2010 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering how you feel about having a General manager as a HR Manager.

Recently our HR assistant was made redundant, so therefore we cant go to her now for help

how is this position as HR manager unbiased? in the end the general manager has to direct his own managers in different procedures and thus cant make him impartial in discipline procedures can it?

i know the union have tried for years to get him out but he refuses :rolleyes: any ideas on this subject

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Spunk84 wrote: »
    in the end the general manager has to direct his own managers in different procedures

I think this is common in smaller companies... Not all organisations will have extensive Hr and managment functions...

On the other hand... don't be fooled into thinking that just beacuse there is a large HR department that the general manager isn't pullng the strings in the background.. that would be common too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

at the end of the day the HR department is not there for the benefit of the staff, its only purpose is to protect the company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

at the end of the day the HR department is not there for the benefit of the staff, its only purpose is to protect the company
    BINGO !

You'd be supprised the ammount fo employees miss this little point..
    When the chips are down HR will row in behind managment..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

it seems like lads:rolleyes: pain the ass thou

Advertisement