Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guys were do I start building website's?

Options
  • 18-08-2010 9:49pm

Hi every,

I ve done a bit of research into building site's web site's, and correct me if i'm wrong php seems to be the far best programming language to learn, i ve been given two solid recommendations
    regarding building a website's

1.the first was to learn php, then learn Drupal??
    or

2. the other was to learn Drupal, them learn php?

as a result im confused which one should start first and could you please justify your answer.

Many thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

First of all to build websites you don't need a programming language, you can use HTML. Some would consider this a programming language, I wouldn't though.

Start with that.

Then later move to PHP or what ever you want, for adding dynamic content and database features.
    You could use a CMS instead built for you already and just install it. Plenty of tutorials on the net.

Start small.

Basic HTML page, upload via FTP/file manager and view online.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Webmonkey wrote: »
    First of all to build websites you don't need a programming language, you can use HTML. Some would consider this a programming language, I wouldn't though.
    (as you presumably already know) HTML is a Markup language and if they consider that this is a programming language then they shold consider a different career!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

kbannon wrote: »
    (as you presumably already know) HTML is a Markup language and if they consider that this is a programming language then they shold consider a different career!
    Well that was exactly my point! :)

Advertisement