Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange line stats

• 18-08-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I'm wondering if it is my Router showing wrong line stats or am I mis-understanding the stats I am getting off my Belkin Router (F7D2401 v1 (01))

Here are the stats currently showing:

Downstream Upstream
    Data rate(Kbps) 8160 512
    Noise Margin 9 10
    Output power(dBm) 29 16
    Attenuation(dB) 122 199

I'm wondering how it is possible that I am getting these speeds with such poor line attenuation? Speedtest.net is showing my Download as 6.75M which to be honest I'm pretty happy with.

So can anyone shed some light on how my speeds seem ok even though the stats are very bad for my line?

I understand that the exchange is currently being upgraded for Next Generation Broadband and I have noticed that the stats have gotten worse in the last couple of weeks but there has been little to no effect on the speeds I have been getting.

Anyway, opinions are welcome,

Thanks

Advertisement