Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk??

Options
  • 18-08-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Need to find the cheapest 2l or 3l milk in Dublin. Currently getting Tesco 2l at €1.65 but I go through 2l (if not more) a day.

So, whats the cheapest milk out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Linwoods

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Linwoods

Whereabouts is that? Any idea on price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    think thats a brand
    couple of shops here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=53.390605,-6.257064&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=15&sll=53.390674,-6.2571&sspn=0.011722,0.027595&doflg=ptk&ie=UTF8&z=15
    i saw advertising for 99cent for 2L

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

If you have an Iceland near you, they sell 2ltrs of milk for 99c. You could not beat that! Also there is a little shop at the front of the market in Glasnevin market on Saturday and Sunday which sells 2ltrs of milk for €1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

PrettyBoy wrote: »

I've seen it a few different places, they have it in my local Gala so maybe try a few of those? It's a euro for 2L I think ... It's actually really nice milk too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Brianj90

Sounds good in Iceland! do you know how to locate your nearest Iceland store?! I've been trying but it just redirects me the english website, I live near Dun Laoghaire so that would have been my nearest store, and I know they reopened the one in Ballyfermot, just curious where my nearest one is now.
    We drink a lot of milk and 99c would be very nice!!
    anyone know where all the Icelands are located in Dublin?!
    I'm sure I could ask around but seeing as it's here I said I'd ask!
    Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Brianj90

oh and you can get Linwoods in centra off Ballymun Road, so I'd say most centra's would do it too, well that's a very big guess! but they do generally stock the same stuff at the same prices, not always the same deals though I've found!
    :)

As far as I know there are only two Icelands in Dublin at the min, Ballyfermot and Finglas although I have heard that the one in the Maple Centre on the Navan Road may be reopening but not 100% on that (could be just a rumour).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Vegetable shop beside Tesco Ballybrack do 2l for 99c if thats close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

Have you ever thought of buying milk off the internet? here

http://www.amazon.com/Tuscan-Whole-Milk-Gallon-128/product-reviews/B00032G1S0/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

seems to have VERY good reviews.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Head to the first farm you see in the country. Natural is best (and free if you have the upper dexterity)
    cow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cmac2010

The Iceland Store is opening on Navan Road this coming Tuesday @ 10am. Can't wait!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,505 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Texaco petrol station on the N4 (westbound) in Lucan. €1 for 2l and if you spend €10 in the shop you get €1 off your petrol. So buy 10 2l bottles for €0.90 each

Cheapest in Ireland :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

unkel wrote: »
    Texaco petrol station on the N4 (westbound) in Lucan. €1 for 2l and if you spend €10 in the shop you get €1 off your petrol. So buy 10 2l bottles for €0.90 each
    Cheapest in Ireland :D

What brand is that milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I've seen Linwoods in a lot of smaller shops like Centra and Daybreak and its 1euro for 2 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

wats ldel or aldi milk priced at..? also that shop at the market in glassnevin is a great spot for all sorts not just the milk

• Registered Users Posts: 65,505 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

snubbleste wrote: »
    What brand is that milk?

Can't remember but at the time I looked it up, it's from the North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jennipotter

hi can anyone tell me what time iceland at the maple centre is open til on a thurs night please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

hi can anyone tell me what time iceland at the maple centre is open til on a thurs night please
    Hello Newbie,

I can't but here's the store phone number, 01 - 8389360, if it's any good to you.

Iceland have put the price of milk up to €1.29. I think it's a bit of a hike from 99c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Tesco suck, even my local spar does 2 liters for 1.39.
    There a 2 euro shop on Moore Street that sells 2 liters for 1 euro.

Iceland have been doing 2 liters for 99c but someone says that has stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kk29

I was in Iceland today and the milk has gone back down to 0.99c - delighted :)

Advertisement