Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Roadside Rest Area: for off-topic chit-chat

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Apologies to anyone who has sent me a PM and has not received a reply yet. I am very busy offline at the moment and will get back to you all as soon as I can.

Regarding an Infrastructure/Roads forum beers for summer, how are we fixed for May?

I propose either Limerick or Dublin as a location this time round (we met in Athlone last time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭medoc

This is off topic for irish roads so I'll ask it in this thread.

Early in December i had my car over in England and got caught on a speed camera near chester. My question is how long do I need to wait for the fine to come and will I get points? Am I right in thinking I'll get a fine but the points wont carry accross. I'm not looking to avoid this in any way just wondering how long it might take. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

medoc wrote: »

Early in December i had my car over in England and got caught on a speed camera near chester. My question is how long do I need to wait for the fine to come and will I get points? Am I right in thinking I'll get a fine but the points wont carry accross. I'm not looking to avoid this in any way just wondering how long it might take. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

IF you ever get any notification at all it'll be fine and no points.

They rarely bother with the hassle of pursuing non-UK registered cars for fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

medoc wrote: »

Thanks

Just because the camera flashes doesn't mean you've been caught. A lot of time the cameras aren't working properly or don't contain film.

I was flashed four times in one day (in a UK registered car) and nothing happened.

Advertisement