Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation along the Royal Canal walkway?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Would any of you know of a B&B/hostel etc along the Royal Canal? I'm walking the 77km from Ashtown in Dublin to Mullingar, and back, in four days next week so @ 39km per day on average.

Here's a list of the places I'm going by on the way. Kilcock is @25km from Ashtown and Enfield is @38km. Would any of you know of a place around this area that I could rest my feet for a night?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Out of interest, Why?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Out of interest, Why?:)

:) Well I have to be back for a party in Dublin on Saturday and can only go on Wednesday. And I'm doing it because I'll be back working soon enough, it's meant to be a nice walk with plenty of history around it - and I like a challenging walk! (I walked all 800km of the Camino Francés in June and the Wicklow Way last week)

I think I'll just get a lightweight tent (and hope it doesn't rain) as the accommodation options on the route don't seem to be the best.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Your Mad;)
    It will be a lovely walk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Dionysus wrote: »
    Would any of you know of a B&B/hostel etc along the Royal Canal? I'm walking the 77km from Ashtown in Dublin to Mullingar, and back, in four days next week so @ 39km per day on average.

Here's a list of the places I'm going by on the way. Kilcock is @25km from Ashtown and Enfield is @38km. Would any of you know of a place around this area that I could rest my feet for a night?

Thanks.

why not just bring a one man tent and as regards having a shower go for a bit of a dip in the canal itself.weils disease is not as widespread a speople make out.

How did it go?

• Advertisement
Advertisement