Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIDL cycling gear 26/08/10

• 19-08-2010 12:25am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

The pics of the products on the Lidl site aint coming up on my laptop.

I could do with a workstand! Does the one their selling look any way decent in the pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Looks good for 30 euro from what I can see. It would be more than good enough for occasional use like all the Lidl gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

I think the stand would be worth a go , wounder does clamp swivel in order to clamp seatpost as opposed to top tube ???

Would ya check out the helmet cover that comes with the rain jacket..CLASS.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

that stand looks alright. wounder what the mitts are like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Bikerbhoy wrote: »

Was just about to add the very same comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

snollup wrote: »
    The mitts are never great, bought a pair or 2 in the past, thin padding and quite chafing between the fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cool, I've been needing a summer rain mac, that'll come in great. Could use the shower helmet cap to carry phones and stuff. Might pick up the stand and track pump as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭cython

kenmc wrote: »
    The mitts are never great, bought a pair or 2 in the past, thin padding and quite chafing between the fingers.

Yeah, funnily enough I always find the Aldi gloves better at the same price point. You'd think there'd be nothing in it, but they definitely wear better, and I find them more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Why dont they do a cycling special offer in the Spring rather than now as we head into Autumn and shorter evenings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

snollup wrote: »

i got a pair 2 years ago and they are perfect, im getting two more pair this time round :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Was thinking about buying stand too until I noticed "bicycle not included".

Probably won't bother now...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Why dont they do a cycling special offer in the Spring rather than now as we head into Autumn and shorter evenings ?

They did. I was hoping they'd do a full carbon road bike this year for a fiver but alas I was disapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Was thinking about buying stand too until I noticed "bicycle not included".

Probably won't bother now...

Was thinking the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    I think the stand would be worth a go , wounder does clamp swivel in order to clamp seatpost as opposed to top tube ???

Judging by the pics on the German site, the clamp does indeed swivel http://www.lidl-shop.de/de/Sport--Textilien/CRIVIT-SPORTS-Fahrrad-Montagestaender?et_cid=15&et_lid=193743

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

and i just spent 80 quid last week on a quality light rain jacket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

cython wrote: »
    Yeah, funnily enough I always find the Aldi gloves better at the same price point. You'd think there'd be nothing in it, but they definitely wear better, and I find them more comfortable.

I bought both the Lidl and Aldi fingerless gloves this year and the Aldi ones are much better.

They had cycling gear on sale around mid-March. But this batch has a little bit more for the colder days ahead.

xz wrote: »

And the workstand is €5 cheaper in the German stores! Thats more of it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

On mitts...

I got CraneSport mitts from either Lidl or Aldi (sorry, not sure which) and they are still my mitts of choice.

The rest of the clothing on the other hand (no pun intended)....painfull!

Peter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

excellent some good stuff on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    And the workstand is €5 cheaper in the German stores! Thats more of it!:D

I'll ring Joe Duffy about that this afternoon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dohouch

Been using their MTB saddle, the narrow one and my cheeks love it. Not there this time but will get one for 2nd bike when they have them again.
    picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=7077

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Will definitely be in for one of the workstands.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

peterako wrote: »
    On mitts...

I got CraneSport mitts from either Lidl or Aldi (sorry, not sure which) and they are still my mitts of choice.

The rest of the clothing on the other hand (no pun intended)....painfull!

Peter

The Crane Sport are Aidl as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

seamus wrote: »
    track pump as well.

Last time I got one of those track pumps (pic looks the same) it leaked air where the shaft joined the base. Had to dismantle and glue it before it would do anything. It lives by the bike stands at work as an emergency so you can cycle to the nearest garage to use their pump. Wouldn't want to rely on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

has anyone tried the shoes before?
    quite tempting at only €25!

dohouch wrote: »
    Been using their MTB saddle, the narrow one and my cheeks love it. Not there this time but will get one for 2nd bike when they have them again.
    picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=7077
    If you are looking for a 2nd MTB saddle you should go in next week and take a look. The last time they had saddles the online Specials only showed 1 type when in fact there were 3 or 4 types in the shops.
    The Crane Sport are Aidl as far as I know.

Yeah Crane Sport is Aldi and Crivit Sports is Lidl.

There were SPDs before with Lidl or Aldi and I think they were pretty heavy. Can't comment on how good they were though!

Might look into that stand alright and a jersey or two. Starting to get a tiny bit nippy out in the morning, might need to go long sleeved soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Anyone used the lights? I could be doing with a new fron light, is 7lux halogen bright enough?
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100826.p.Rechargeable_Halogen_Bike_Light_Set

I was gonna buy some mad thing from dealextreme, but too lazy to navigate their site!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Damn it; I'm going on holidays on Wednesday. I need a workstand & lights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MushGSXR

got one of the track pumps before and they are crap. the jerseys jackets socks are great though and idea for mtb when your gear gets wrecked anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

wonder is there any bracket for carrying around the bonsai plant for the garden enthusiast?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Any chance of them bringing a €400 basic racer to Ireland?
    http://www.lidl.nl/cps/rde/xchg/SID-9DF20DA1-37E16C80/lidl_nl/hs.xsl/index_15378.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

6 euro computer? Is it good or do you get what you pay for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

sickle wrote: »
    has anyone tried the shoes before?
    quite tempting at only €25!

??? +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

neris wrote: »
    and i just spent 80 quid last week on a quality light rain jacket

Ah shame ..and bet you didnt get a trendy shower cap with it either:D

• Advertisement

Fringe wrote: »
    6 euro computer? Is it good or do you get what you pay for?

I got one of these before and while it wasnt wireless it did have alot more functionality than the more expensive wireless one that I have since bought. But I guess it all depeneds on how much functionality you want/need. This cheap one works just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Scien wrote: »
    Be early if you wanna grab this stuff.
    The last cycling special (May?) there was about 40 people outside Rathmines Aldi at 08:50.

Did they not know it was in LIDL ?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Just to add to the response earlier regarding whether the clamp on the workstand rotates, according to their printed brochure in the store it does rotate 360 degrees.

What I'd wonder about though is how robust the stand is as it is hard to tell from the photos - the legs look a little thin but they might well be fine if the quality of the raw material used is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Any relationship between the hedge clippers and the bike lock?
    wk34_52082_b.jpgwk34_48837_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That's about all you'd need to cut it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭pete_mcs

Is Aldi/Lidl cycling gear any good for a beginer cyclists. Is it any use for 30-50 mile rolling hill route?
    Purchased a good pair of shorts for the 50 mile cycles, but would the Aldi/lidl gear do for the shorter spins?
    Anyone have any good or bad experiences with their cycle gear?
    Have some of there running gear and have nothing bad to say about them, you get what you pay for.(cheap and cheerfull)
    Thanks for the advise.:D

This thread might be of interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭pete_mcs

Cheers Hail2thechief! Looks like decent enough reviews, looks like I will have to get there early!

Bought an Aldi base layer the other day, very warm on the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

how waterproof are the rain jackets???

Forgot to mention that I bought a pair of triple lense sunglasses from Aldi for €5. They're very good value for the money! They do the job perfectly well & are a pretty comfy fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

seamus wrote: »
    Cool, I've been needing a summer rain mac, that'll come in great. Could use the shower helmet cap to carry phones and stuff. Might pick up the stand and track pump as well.

My dad bought the track pump last time round. It's a pile of crap, rarely used and broken already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Merged aldi/lidl threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

chakattack wrote: »
    My dad bought the track pump last time round. It's a pile of crap, rarely used and broken already.

Have to agree, useless on a road bike and won't last long. Might be alright for a MTB.

That work stand looks good, might be worth a punt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement