Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tigerland or Bust (Manorhamilton to Sligo)

• 19-08-2010 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there are any people from the Manorhamilton area up in Leitrim that regularly attend Tigerland in Sligo. I don't have a car anymore and the bus schedule is just ridiculous. I'm willing to go halves of petrol if there's a lift going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ddoom

demonspawn,

I live not too far from Manorhamilton and would be willing to give you a lift when we are going to Tigerland.

I normally go every week, but sods law, my car is in for repair, so may not be going tomorrow but will be going next week.

If you want a lift just let me know and I will keep you up-to-date of our playing schedule.

Dearg Doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

ddoom wrote: »
    demonspawn,

I live not too far from Manorhamilton and would be willing to give you a lift when we are going to Tigerland.

I normally go every week, but sods law, my car is in for repair, so may not be going tomorrow but will be going next week.

If you want a lift just let me know and I will keep you up-to-date of our playing schedule.

Dearg Doom.

Awesome man! I'll PM you my details if you wanna text me or something next time you're headed down. I'm free pretty much every weekend so I'll be ready whenever you are. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Nice one dude good to see you got sorted with a lift with young finan sure should see you all saturday week.hope you get your car fixed soon and tell jordan ill keep his spot warm for him:D

Okay,

Missed last week, but going this week to get in some practice for the The Black Ace Chronicles episode 1 on Sept 25th 2010.

Hey GI, VC Number 1.

ddoom wrote: »
    Hey GI, VC Number 1.

My M14 SOCOM begs to differ. See ya on Saturday!! :D

• Advertisement

DS, No problem, will meet you at 9:15am, but will text to confirm Friday Night.

DD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Well done today mate, hope you enjoyed your day and that you will be back out with us soon(and you might even last a full day) : ) all joking aside you did really well your first time out.

Oh hey, what are the rules regarding wounded players dragging themselves to relative safety for the medic? There was one situation where I was a bit out in the open and I just kept getting pwned whenever I called "back in".

Maybe a three body length crawl (4-5 meters?) could be implemented to avoid such situations. Or if you get tagged in front of a tree, you can move around to the back before calling back in? This is just in the interest of keeping the game running smoothly, and only if all players agree to it.

Thanks for the great (half) day out! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

demonspawn wrote: »
    Oh hey, what are the rules regarding wounded players dragging themselves to relative safety for the medic? There was one situation where I was a bit out in the open and I just kept getting pwned whenever I called "back in".

Maybe a three body length crawl (4-5 meters?) could be implemented to avoid such situations. Or if you get tagged in front of a tree, you can move around to the back before calling back in? This is just in the interest of keeping the game running smoothly, and only if all players agree to it.

Thanks for the great (half) day out! :D

I was thinking about this myself - I was the one who kept hitting you when you were medic'd. I guess the onus is on the medic and his team to make sure that any incoming fire is dealt with before reviving - that was effectively what Les did when I think just before your third revival he took me out.

I was wondering afterwards whether you have to call "back in" as soon as the medic completes his 10 count? Guy who previously hit you might have a bead on you, but if you were able to wait a little longer until he was distracted, you would be able to dive for cover. I guess not, but will check next time.

Bemused wrote: »
    I was thinking about this myself - I was the one who kept hitting you when you were medic'd. I guess the onus is on the medic and his team to make sure that any incoming fire is dealt with before reviving - that was effectively what Les did when I think just before your third revival he took me out.

I was wondering afterwards whether you have to call "back in" as soon as the medic completes his 10 count? Guy who previously hit you might have a bead on you, but if you were able to wait a little longer until he was distracted, you would be able to dive for cover. I guess not, but will check next time.

hehe That was a pretty bad situation.....for me! Sorry I lost the head a bit, it wasn't directed at anyone at all. With all the adrenaline and excitement, it's easy to go from "hahaha" to "AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!" :D

I had three of yas on me there, you to my right, one guy in the grass right in front that I tried to suppress, and one in the dark cover to my left. I never had a hope! :D My own fault really, I tagged the red captain in the dark cover and heard him counting out then started walking towards him like a noob. Never even saw the other two lads close by until it was too late. Those woods really are great for cover.

• Advertisement

hi lads are you all coming to tigerland on sunday, are ye bringing any more leitrim airsofters with ye :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

is it sunday this week?

It sure is tigger tigerland is on this sunday, are you coming out its been very quite without ya:D

just got a call from a 5 lads in Roscommon and they are coming out on Sunday if this helps

got myself, kev and 2 newbies coming on sunday,its lookin good so

hi marcus are you coming to tigerland this sunday, you must be well recovered at this stage :)

Sorry Lads,

But I've been informed today that the site is to be closed this weekend the 11th and 12th of September due to the TempleHouse Festival.
    My apologies for any inconvenience caused and I will hopefully see you all next week

thanks
    Danin

G i dont know what to do with myself now and will be away the weekend after, no airsoft for two weeks aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.See you all at the nam event dudes:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Danin.
    This is not the sites sub forum. If you wish to have discussions about your site please use the method evey other site has which is a paid airsoft subscribtion.

As for the newer sites opening up yes their test games can be mentioned for free. However you are an established site therefor should be using the sites sub forum.

For information on getting an Airsoft sites subscribtion to the sub forum please pm any of the airsoft mods who will be happy to help you out.

Andy you typed in bold so I can only assume you are in using your moderator status, I'm not really sure how to reply to this without coming across as being put out but I assure you I'm not but I do think a bit of common sense should be brought into effect

first of all if you look at the relevant facts
    a. the origin of the initial tread (I didn't open this tread)
    b. the tread topic
    c. the fact that you are aware I'm awaiting confirmation on status which is completely out of my hands at the moment.
    d. I never used the tread to remark on anything else barr relevant information regarding people traveling to the site this weekend and the site being closed. Which is directly related to the tread topic
    e. In your opinion should I have left the tread to progress and allow people for Galway and other neighbouring counties to drive all the way to Sligo to be confronted with a closed site ?
    F. If I had opened a thread to announce this information you'd have shut it down straight away.

and I know already this is going to cause me to get into even more turbulence and for what ?? To be honest mate, I'm to tired to even bother. You win,
    I'll just stop posting until the status is confirmed if that makes you happier and even at that I'm not sure if I'll really want to. If you honestly can't see that I meant absolutely no harm in my previous post other then to just enlighten people and that I didnt some how plot to break rules well that's fine because your post says more about you and your mind set than it does about mine...

What rule did I break? where did I discuss the site ?? I merely interrupted a discussion about people travelling to the site...
    ask yourself did I just make a statement or did I discuss something ?

If it makes you feel better, shut them all down Andy, I don't care anymore as I said you win...

• Advertisement

Danin.
    Honestly im not try to have a go just with the amount of pm's that we recieve day in day out from sites/retailers asking how X site is getting free advertising when i pay for it.

This is why I had to mention it on thread. I have not questioned your honour and i hope to meet you at skirmish sometime. As in regards to winning im not a person that holds a grudge and i am not trying to win or lose. The more sites we have the better it is for the sport in the country.

andy_g wrote: »
    Danin.
    Honestly im not try to have a go just with the amount of pm's that we recieve day in day out from sites/retailers asking how X site is getting free advertising when i pay for it.

This is why I had to mention it on thread. I have not questioned your honour and i hope to meet you at skirmish sometime. As in regards to winning im not a person that holds a grudge and i am not trying to win or lose. The more sites we have the better it is for the sport in the country.

Honestly Andy what was I supposed to do, in hindsight maybe I should have sent a moderator a pm to ask them to post it for me ? but i truly just didn't think it was a big deal to post the info. I cant ask people not to post or start treads about Tigerland and I honestly don't see how I've ever took advantage and used these treads to advertise the site, If I have it wasn't done intentionally and by all means delete them out.
    As for other retailers & sites commenting on the above, I again cant do much if anything about this other than to take the opportunity to apologize to them if that's how they feel and to reassure them that I've made every effort to strictly stay within the boundaries of the rules set out untill such time as a status is allocated but at the moment I'm just waiting on confirmation from 3rd parties whom I've furnished with all the relevant information they require and by all means if they wish to discuss it with me by all means give me a call or a pm.

I agree with people trying to find out if sites are open by any means possible. So i will be leaving the threads open for car pooling. Another idea to let people know about the site is an idea for a mailing list just find out who is interested in being on one.

Other than that i hope everything is going well with tigerland and hope to make a trip down as i couldnt get down when i was working in galway over the summer.

hi any of you leitrim lads heading to this vietnam event at tigerland tomorrow:)

Advertisement