Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games of the distant future which invoke feelings of desire?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 8:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

For me, Thief4. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Natural Selection 2
    Diablo 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

Diablo 3 - Will be booking timeoff in work for the week it's released (whenever the hell that is!)

Goldeneye Wii - Going weak at the knees just thinking about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

WoW Cataclysm, inspite of myself.
    Dragon Age 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Mafia II, which wasn't even on my radar until the brilliant demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Deus Ex: Human revolution

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Really looking forward to the next metro game, half life ep3 if ever it happens, portal 2, Fallout NV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Storm of War: Battle of Britain (IL2 Sturmovik successor)

Cant wait

and of course Deus Ex

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

For me it's Jagged Alliance 3. There's loads of games I'm looking forward to, but I genuinely loved the first two games and will openly cry if they ever pull their fingers out and finish the third one.

edit: I just happened to be bumming about the net and found out that there's a Jagged Alliance Online planned for next year. I'm possibly the only person excited about this, but I don't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

New Half Life game, Oblivion and Fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Half Life Episode 3/Half Life 3 (Hurry up Valve ffs)
    Portal 2 (Only a few months to go :D)
    Mass Effect 3 (Again not too distant)
    Dragon Age 2 (Even closer than Mass Effect 2)
    The Witcher 2 (Still no word on a release date but they keep tempting us with new info)
    Bioshock Infinite (The original team are back so even if it's not on Rapture it can't be a bad thing, it is quite a while away though)
    Dead Space 2 (Only a few months away as well)
    Elder Scrolls 5 (This is taking almost as long as it took to traverse Daggerfall on foot)
    Fallout: New Vegas (Okay, so this one is only around the corner)
    GTA 5 (years away)
    Batman: Arkham City (Good few months away yet)
    Beyond Good and Evil 2 (Feels like forever waiting on this game)
    Tropico 4 (About a year away)
    Civilisation 5 (Just around the corner :D)
    American McGee's Return of Alice (Half a year away!)

Probably more but they're the ones off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

Civilisation 5
    Age of Empires Online
    Shogun Total War 2
    Company of Heroes Online
    The Old Republic
    Lego Universe
    Guild Wars 2

Really am hoping that at least one of the mmos above will hold my attention for more than a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rock Band 3 - that keytar is mighty tempting.
    LittleBigPlanet 2 - LBP but better, and allowing many more genres of games. Exciting!
    Dead Space 2 - this series is absolutely fantastic. DS and Extraction are both great fun, advancing the Resi 4 style gameplay in a far better way than Resi 5 did.
    Fable III - since II was surprisingly good.
    Diablo 3 / Torchlight 2 - to fulfill my recent interest in hacking and slashing.
    Vanquish - more Platinum! w00t!
    Gears of War 3 - a series I have a weakspot for. Shame Vanquish will completely outdo it though ;)
    Child of Eden - because it's been a while since I've had a Rez-esque head****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Right now I am anticipating:
    Fallout: New Vegas (Made by some of the same crowd who did Fallout 2, which I loved)
    Civ 5 (got hooked on Civ IV)
    TES V (loved Morrowind and Oblivion)
    Guild Wars 2 (First MMO that has me interested)
    Beyond Good and Evil 2 (same reason as Antar)
    Mass Effect 3 (on my second playthrough of Mass Effect, but I've yet to play the second one)
    LBP 2 (loved the first one)
    More that I can't think of right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

that new Mechwarrior game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

humanji wrote: »

edit: I just happened to be bumming about the net and found out that there's a Jagged Alliance Online planned for next year. I'm possibly the only person excited about this, but I don't care!

you'd hope not, or it will be a very lonely and short lived playing experience

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Persona 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Uncharted 3: Amongst Bandits

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Child of Eden.

Also there's a PSN-exclusive MMO set in a desert, whose name escapes me. I think you communicate via song.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

The Last Guardian

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Child of Eden.

Also there's a PSN-exclusive MMO set in a desert, whose name escapes me. I think you communicate via song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_%28video_game%29

Looks pretty fascinating, plus thatgamecompany proved themselves as talented individuals with flower!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dead Rising 2
    Test Drive Unlimited 2
    Professor Layton 3
    Civilization V
    Guild Wars 2
    Fable III
    Portal 2
    Battlefield 3

All sequels.... can't think of any brand new franchise I'm interested in unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Dead Rising 2
    Test Drive Unlimited 2
    Professor Layton 3
    Civilization V
    Guild Wars 2
    Fable III
    Portal 2
    Battlefield 3

All sequels.... can't think of any brand new franchise I'm interested in unfortunately :(

Probably because a lot of brand new franchises tend to just appear from nowhere so it's hard to get too excited about them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Most looking forward to.

Mass Effect 3
    Dragon Age 2
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Unannounced bioware project

All bioware games funnily enough.

Also

Shogun II: Total War
    Halo: Reach
    Bioshock: Infinite
    Portal 2
    Fable III

Probably more that I can't think of right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Foe me 3 games stand out the most: Bioshock Infinate, Batman Arkham City and Metal Gear Solid:Rising. Everythign else i'm looking forward to is being released within the next 2-5 months so it doesnt seem too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's 3 games :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Battle Raper 5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

All I want (but will probably never see, no info on it anyway) is an Elder Scrolls V.

Ye can keep yissir Fallout 4/5/6 *spits on the ground* pah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Yag reuoY

I expected a chorus of agreement when I announced the fourth installment of the Thief series. :(

I guess I'm the only hardcore gamer on here. :(

I only started playing through the series last week so will be in agreement when I finish all 3 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Yag reuoY

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I only started playing through the series last week so will be in agreement when I finish all 3 :P

3 was a bit of a let down if I'm brutally honest, but still a decent offering.

Words cannot describe how epic the first two are -- awe inspiring.

Pity the other 'gamers' on here don't seem to appreciate greatness -- probably too involved with their Barbie World series.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

syndicate 3/syndicate wars 2 or whatever.

Imo its time for a sandbox cyberpunk future city. With flying cars etc. Mixed with the ability to control more then one unit.

GTA has gotten old, GTA 5 better be more of an online style thing tbh to mix it up, otherwise its just the same game with different characters and better graphics over and over and over.

If they made the syndicate game more of an fps it'd just look like a weak dues ex.

They just need to mix what they had in the old games with GTA and add some coop features and I'll a damn happy gamer.

Advertisement