Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your LC night memories

• 19-08-2010 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Reading this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056004189

got me wondering, what memories, if any do you have from the day you got your Leaving Cert results. For me the lasting memory was watching the midday news drinking a can of Dutchie as they were discussing the possibilities of survivors on the Kursk (guess how old I am). It sticks in my mind as completely surreal since while we were having a celebratory BBQ and slapping ourselves on the back for being so darn clever to get into University these poor bastards were slowly dying from asphyxiation.

Its strange because even though I can recall that moment vividly I can hardly remember the rest of the day that was supposed to be one of the "best" (according to my teachers) of my life, not because I was drunk but because it was so flipping bland.

So what do you remember from you LC results night, if anything?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Went to my local, all the 18 year olds (I was 17) went on to Time in Naas. I ended up having brandy and talking to a chap that saw Joe Strummer shave someone's head in a bar in Croydon, it kinds of reminds me of this;

Leaving Cert results = biggest anti-climax since Cuban missile crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Tis a long time ago but one stand out memory was rolling a 36 skin spliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

It was leaving cert night. Therefore, I dont remember it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Swampy wrote: »
    Tis a long time ago but one stand out memory was rolling a 36 skin spliff.

You're not an engineer now by any chance?;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

We all went to a pub in the middle of nowhere so that everyone could be served... All I remember is 10 red aftershocks and a load of pints. We then got stranded in the middle of nowhere that night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Your LC night memories
    Sticky Fingers

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

you know, seriously, i have no idea what i did! i remember early that day getting the results, hanging out with a few mates etc. but i dont even remember having one drink (even though i know i surely did go boozing)...i just cant remember! aaarrrgghhh:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Went for ice-cream in the morning and then had a lot of bacardi and then vomited the bacardi and ice-cream everywhere and then fell asleep and woke up in time to go to the night-club with a raging hangover. Good times......... or not!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Went to see 'Rocky II' in the Green cinema.
    Probably home by six.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hit town around 4pm, went to various old man's pubs having a few pints, rolled into the Palace very early (i.e. before there were queues) and from then on it just became another genercic get-pissed-in-the-palace night. It was ten years ago, so I don't remember any specifics. It doesn't stand out as having been any different to any other night out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

None. Coz Oim a lagend, loike.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Went park then friends house, was quite happy to avoid town.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Reading this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056004189

got me wondering, what memories, if any do you have from the day you got your Leaving Cert results. For me the lasting memory was watching the midday news drinking a can of Dutchie as they were discussing the possibilities of survivors on the Kursk (guess how old I am). It sticks in my mind as completely surreal since while we were having a celebratory BBQ and slapping ourselves on the back for being so darn clever to get into University these poor bastards were slowly dying from asphyxiation.

Its strange because even though I can recall that moment vividly I can hardly remember the rest of the day that was supposed to be one of the "best" (according to my teachers) of my life, not because I was drunk but because it was so flipping bland.

So what do you remember from you LC results night, if anything?

which school i was going to repeat in was my main memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I remember getting my results, cried with joy and happiness, I was delighted with my results. I was on the phone most of the day. I stayed at home the night of my leaving cert results! Just had a quiet night in with some cider to celebrate watching TV! I was shattered though, it was a tough summer for me so didn't feel like going out at all. Celebrated with my family instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Honestly can't remember. I remember getting my results in the school, and heading off but where we went and what we did i have no idea. I know it involved drinking but couldn't tell ya if i was in a pub,house or field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

A few cans and relaxing on the beach in Lahinch til the early hours. Someone went skinny dipping. Was a fairly quiet one by all accounts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Got my results, hid in a multi-story car park to cry about not getting what I wanted. Went home to bed and listened to Coldplay - Fix You on repeat for about eight hours. No idea what I did after that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Was on holidays down the country with the family on the day actually.
    I remember logging into the computer to check my results (family went out for a walk 15 minutes before the hour to leave me in peace).

I got my results, wrote them all down and added them up.

Family came home and congratulated me.
    I said the points I got.
    My brother looks over the results and adds them up to himself.
    "You should probably get that Maths result checked because you actually got 10 more points than you think!"

No idea what we did that night though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Remember it was a roasting day, went in early enough with my buddies, we all got what we thought we got so it was off to the offy for us. Stacked up on booze and off we were on the bus down to fountainstown for the day. Thats where I stop remembering, but a great day all the same.

• Advertisement

Can't remember.
    Barely even remember getting the results.

I was in Spain when I got them, hungover as a dog listening to them over the phone and then drank about 15 double vodka and red bulls in celebration, hence I don't have many memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

It was the first time I was "officially" allowed to drink by my mother (I was only just gone 17) and I went to my friend's house for a bbq and because half of us were only 17 at the time, her parents went and bought us a load of booze and we got pleasantly hammered, all snogged the heads of each other and fell asleep watching south park in her sitting room.

Advertisement