Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Anonymously - how anonymous?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to know who has visibility to the type of information which could link an anonymous post by me, to my actual login?

Just in relation to the line in the Personal Issues charter:
    "Think carefully about what you're posting, remember it is the interweb after all and you may not be as anonymous as you think."

I'm really only limiting this question to people in the boards community who can access the information. I understand the potential for ISP's, Garda to track people down when required.

So who can see it (Mods, CMods, Admin, boards.ie employees, daft.ie employees) and what can they see?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Quick answer to your question.

Admins and boards.ie employees. Not all daft.ie employees can see IP addresses, nor see any more than you can now. Only certain daft.ie employees that fall under the boards.ie employees group.

Honestly none of the above go looking unless you would be trolling, or acting the muppet anonymously

Advertisement