If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 42LF7700 advice

Options
  • 19-08-2010 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,
    I have just been reading about this TV ... I see you have it for 599 STG ... seems to be a pretty good tv ... can you advise ..
    Also is it Irish Digital ready ....
    What would be the total price (euro) including delivery to Kildare
    Do you have collection points in dublin?

Other wise I am looking for :
    42 inch minimum
    100 Hz
    LCD
    Irish digital tuner
    Full HD
    Nice to haves include Sat and internet, not essential.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

tmon101 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have just been reading about this TV ... I see you have it for 599 STG ... seems to be a pretty good tv ... can you advise ..
    Also is it Irish Digital ready ....
    What would be the total price (euro) including delivery to Kildare
    Do you have collection points in dublin?

Other wise I am looking for :
    42 inch minimum
    100 Hz
    LCD
    Irish digital tuner
    Full HD
    Nice to haves include Sat and internet, not essential.

Thanks

<SNIP>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@RDMH,

I've snipped your post above - please read the Charter (here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744), particularly the part that says:
    If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Timon,

We have the 42PFL5405H LCD FULL HD TV which currently retails for €799.99. We can do this for €719.99 with your Philips Shop Boards 10% Discount.

42 inch minimum - This is 42"
    100 Hz - Also 100 Hz
    LCD - Check :)
    Irish digital tuner - Both MPEG2 and MPEG4
    Full HD - And this is a 1080p TV
    Nice to haves include Sat and internet, not essential. - Does not have these features however. :(

Have a look and let me know what you think - http://www.philipsshop.ie/fiveseries.htm

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tmon101

Thanks Nicola
    Seems like a nice TV also .... could not see this TV on your web site (but the link worked) ... I am pretty sure I saw that in a shop near me for 689 ...
    Do you have any thoughts on LG 42LF7700 (is it Irish digital ready) .... and what price to deliver to kildare ... or could I collect in Dublin ... 60 euro seems alot for delivery ..
    Thanks

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The LF7700 series is indeed MPEG4 for Irish digital (by default as it shares the same chips as used for satellite).
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055619974

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Tmon101

pm'd a price on the 42PFL5405H

let me know what you think.

i have 'em in stock ready to roll
    atb
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

byte wrote: »
    The LF7700 series is indeed MPEG4 for Irish digital (by default as it shares the same chips as used for satellite).
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055619974

Thank's Byte,

yep the LF7700 are indeed really excellent TV's - however they are now a finished line :mad: and we cannot get our paws on them anymore.......

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tmon101

John ,
    Thanks for your reply .... I checked the web site and there seems to be a 42LF7700 available .... however delivery is 60 euro ....
    Whereas the Sharp LC42CT2E is only 27 euro delivery ...
    Can you tell me if the 7700 is available ?
    And
    Why the big difference in delivery ?
    Or am I missing something .....
    I live just outside dublin
    Regards
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

@RDMH,

I've snipped your post above - please read the Charter (here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744), particularly the part that says:

Thanks,

Ritz.

Hi Ritz,

Sorry about that:o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

No Prob.... :)

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.