Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS Offers - How/When do we decline/accept?

• 19-08-2010 9:42am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, hope you were happy with your results and that you had a great night last night.

For the UCAS Offers, when are we supposed to take action on this? I satisfy the conditions of my 'Firm' offer and have already been conditionally accepted, but I do not want to go the UCAS route. Do I have to do anything to let them know I am going with CAO, or can I simply do nothing?

Are UCAS automatically informed of my Leaving Cert results, or am I supposed to tell them / send them something?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Hi guys, hope you were happy with your results and that you had a great night last night.

For the UCAS Offers, when are we supposed to take action on this? I satisfy the conditions of my 'Firm' offer and have already been conditionally accepted, but I do not want to go the UCAS route. Do I have to do anything to let them know I am going with CAO, or can I simply do nothing?

Are UCAS automatically informed of my Leaving Cert results, or am I supposed to tell them / send them something?

Thanks

i am in a similar situation to you, my track has been updated to unconditional for my firm choice. i think that if you just ring up the university or email them telling them that you want to decline the offer it should be fine. You should give the admissions office a ring to see if they received your results. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Ring your firm and ask to be released, same for insurance. only do this if you're positive you will get your irish course. do it soon if you are because your place may be given to someone who barely missed the offer once you are released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 greensnake

frser32 wrote: »
    i am in a similar situation to you, my track has been updated to unconditional for my firm choice. i think that if you just ring up the university or email them telling them that you want to decline the offer it should be fine. You should give the admissions office a ring to see if they received your results. :)

So did you send your LEAVING RESULTS AWAY OR DID THEY AUTOMATICALLY GET THEM ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

greensnake wrote: »
    So did you send your LEAVING RESULTS AWAY OR DID THEY AUTOMATICALLY GET THEM ?

They automatically got them. UCAS usually forwards them to the universities

Advertisement