Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeder

Options
  • 19-08-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Anyone going and if not why not?

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

When n Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

The Academy, Dublin, tonight @ 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Anyone going and if not why not?

R

Not going.

Why not? Cause I think they're sh*te.

You asked. I answered.

There you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Always very good live,didnt realise it was tonight so its a No No for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I had no idea they were playing in Ireland. Not enough notice so that's why I am not going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Not going.

Why not? Cause I think they're sh*te.

You asked. I answered.

There you go.

Can't argue with that.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Will be there. Didn't buy tickets. I assume they'll be avail at the door. Disagree that they're ****e. Their best days are certainly behind them but they have some excellent pop rock songs in their back catalogue. Have seen em live a few times and they do a good show. Not too interested in support, what time do people reckon they'll be on stage?

Renegades is a throw back to the good old days.
    Doors open at 7.30 support about 8.15 -8.30 so probably about 9

R

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

great show! :)

Thought it was a bit short though. 80 minutes or so. Should have been longer for the €30 ticket IMO.

But they'll be back in February so Grant said! Happy Days! :D

Brilliant gig, yes bit too short but they'll be back soon.
    New tunes are excellent, loving "Renegades"
    And of course the place went mad for "Just a Day"

R

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I remember seeing Feeder about 13 years ago (supporting Reef in Red Box - what Tripod used to be called) and they were a proper heavy rock/borderline metal band. I was never as disappointed in a band when I heard that radio friendly nonsense they came out with a few years later. Real shame.

Still, I hope you all enjoyed the gig. €30's really steep for an 80 minute set.

Was pretty good. Crowd were a bit dead. Also not a big fan of the new stuff I gotta say. They lyrics for Call Out are hilariously bad. I had seen a few setlists from this tour with stuff like Sweet 16 etc on it, but no sign last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 french_bloke

Was there last night, deadly gig! Paying for it this morning in work!!

A little snippet for those who weren't there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twd2InBCZw8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Kharn wrote: »
    I remember seeing Feeder about 13 years ago (supporting Reef in Red Box - what Tripod used to be called) and they were a proper heavy rock/borderline metal band. I was never as disappointed in a band when I heard that radio friendly nonsense they came out with a few years later. Real shame.

Still, I hope you all enjoyed the gig. €30's really steep for an 80 minute set.

Used to be into them in those Polythene days too, saw them a few years ago in the Olympia and said thats it, just a pop band.
    Gave them another chance last night as it was +18s and smaller venue and it was a lot better.

Still, brought back memories of the night in Manchester yonks ago, stage diving from in between the band and the best kebab ever after.

His comment about the next album of pop songs made me think again tho.

I never like the 'they're turned their backs on their roots' argument. They've shown tremendous versatility over the years and I'm just as happy listening to Swim, YWTS, Echo Park, CIS. They've done the speed rock, pop anthems, heart felt stuff and done it all well which not too many bands even attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Good band, not to be sniffed

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Saw em on a bill that included Foo Fighters ,Green Day and The Prodigy at Witness and they blew every one of em out the water that day..CLASS Band:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Saw them headline the Friday Night at Donington a few years back, fecked off after 10 mins to watch Billy of the Idol headline the second stage, now THAT was class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I would have gone but I was away on holidays so glad to hear they'll be back in February. Was it anywhere near a sell out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

saw them on the bill with RHCP at Slane years ago, and they were pretty decent on the day. They were a 4 piece that day, (had the leftie touring guitarist with them)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

seachto7 wrote: »
    saw them on the bill with RHCP at Slane years ago, and they were pretty decent on the day. They were a 4 piece that day, (had the leftie touring guitarist with them)

Yeah I was at that gig and while they're not a band I like they were good for what they were that day - something to get people a bit energised after Halite (? :P) and Morcheeba (who I loved). Did their job well but would never pay money to hear them on their own.

That was 2003 by the way. Does it make you feel old to realise that was 7 years ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmm slane 03 was my first ever proper gig! God 7years ago, yeh feeling old but I've been to some amount of amazing gigs since, including feeder another 4 or 5 time ha!

Raging that I missed them in the Academy, was on holidays so nothing I could do! But cant wait for the February gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The first time I saw Feeder was at the Witnness Festival even before that Slane gig but unfortunately it was around the time when nu-metal was at its peak and bands thought it was cool to have a DJ play with them as well (Ash were doing the same around that time too - pathetic!)

Great band though - I love 'em.

Advertisement