Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aurora Spots

Options
  • 19-08-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi - Does anybody know where I could Source Aurora Spot lights(11Watt SGU10) or does anyone know of a good alternative- Trying to whittle down on prices - practically whole house will be done with them 90 in total-Mix off Fixed & dimmer. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

aurora are in the process of opening a lighting showroom in finglas. i know 3 places for definite that do aurora lighting, edmondsons and eurosales in dublin industrial estate and michael garry electric in northpark in finglas which is only a few doors up from where aurora are based.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

have you a picture of the fitting you are looking for an alternative to? that might generate more feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If im correct, your only putting them in for the first time, rather than trying to get a few to match? Why did you decide on the Aurora ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pixierosa

thanks for that indie armada-will look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pixierosa

Yes Davy its a new build- our electrician recomended them -because of Longevity of fluroscent-he said they were one of best around so just trying to source them & price at mo- so I really am very ignorant to all this so if any info on this or if anyone could recomend an alternative it would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Lamps and Lighting

Pixierosa,

I work in the ligitng industry and have over 20 years experiance. I can supply you with these lamps or offer you advise. Iw ould suggest you do not put them in. Electricians suggest these lamps to customers without full knowledge of how they work.

If you want any advise let me know.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

you can pick these up in edmunson electrical, contact them at Stag Industrial Estate Ballyboggan Road Dublin 11. Telephone, 01 8820770 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

aurora do some nice reliable gear, some of there cheaper fittings are questionable but most of their stuff is far superior to some of the muck some of the wholesalers are selling.
    their lamps seem to be good quallity but not the cheapest out there unless you go to a direct agent. there are identical alternitives from companys like hillcrest, sgd and spectrum. however when it comes to dimmable cfl gu-10 lamps the cost allmost doubles and very few companys do them. i think the most common one at present is megaman and is distributed by eci in finglas. dimming flouresents weather compact or linear is not as simple as incandesent/halogen and can be quite costly.

Advertisement