Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED step lighting recommendations

Options
  • 19-08-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a brand or supplier for LED lighting for a stairs.

I'd like some small square light something like this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brick-Light-Robus-LED-Square/dp/B0010AMV1A

except small - maybe 40-50mm on a side. The idea is to use it for the wall-side string of a stairs, every few steps.

I know a place that does the Robus ones, but they are too large, about 80mm on a side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

We're installing something similar on stairs and other steps. Not sure of the brand. Have seen them in most decent lighting suppliers. Charlie Sheils in Inchicore were the cheapest (from a bricks and mortar shop) by a long shot ... somewhere around €30 + VAT.
    No association with this co BTW .

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

If you could find out the make on the box, it would be a big help - something I could go to charlie and ask him about.

Robus are the only brand I've seen around here - they do mostly circular - very few square, which is what I'm looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bravojohnny

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

tails_naf wrote: »
    If you could find out the make on the box, it would be a big help - something I could go to charlie and ask him about.

Robus are the only brand I've seen around here - they do mostly circular - very few square, which is what I'm looking for!

Sound. I got a catalog from them - I'll try and root it out. As you said there are very few doing them. Shiels only had one brand and only one size as far as I can remember... Can't find them in white anywhere either.

This might be something suitable for you.
    http://www.sparksdirect.co.uk/recessed-led-step-light-p-2123.html?zenid=8430bha1i2m4unj6umlg20lur5

Advertisement