Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I couldnt have asked for better

• 19-08-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

I know theres a lot of UPC bashing on this forum but i just thought id share a positive experience i had yesterday with them

I was using the broadband yesterday and it went down at around 10am, both TV and BB, so rang UPC and reported the fault, a very helpful agent on the phone ran a few tests and said that it hasnt been reported as an area fault yet so well need to book a service callout, earliest they could book was friday, working for an isp i realise timelines so didnt kick up and just said go ahead and book it, in the meantime she said shed send it onto the screening team as well just to see if there was an area fault just in case, so thanking her i hung up the phone and thought nothing more about it, i knew it was some sort of area fault because i had been using the Bb before it went down and the Tv was working as well so i knew itd be back at some stage the same day

Lo and behold about 3/4 of an hour later UPC van pulls up, takes some details off me, walks up the road looks at the connections see if theres any breaks, no breaks so he goes to the amplifier box tests it and comes back to say something very unusual is going on here, there is no signal at all coming into the box, so he had to goto the main box in the area to check there he also said there was an ESB outage that could also be causing this, about 15-20 mins later he comes back and as i was passing the modem i noticed all lights were back on and the telly working again, so told him everything was fine and off he went

and to cap this all off not 10 minutes ago I got a call from UPC following up on the fault to make sure everything was working and to not hesitate to call us again if anything happens

well and truly impressed with it, praise where praise is due IMO

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

that the kind of experience i always get with them.

i thin that the people ring them are rude and probably shouting etc..
    and that why the get a bad service then.

treat others as you would like to be treated yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

dunworth1 wrote: »
    that the kind of experience i always get with them.

i thin that the people ring them are rude and probably shouting etc..
    and that why the get a bad service then.

treat others as you would like to be treated yourself
    I think there's a lot of truth in this. I've had occasion to contact UPC, and both Eircom and ComReg recently (to sort out an obscure interference problem affecting my Broadband) and they really couldn't have been more helpful.

Many of the posts that seem to have problems with them are, as you say, often poorly written, show a degree of thinly veiled aggression and are often liberally laced with :eek:'s, wtf's and calling everyone in CS muppets, so if this kind of attitude spills over into their verbal communications I'm not surprised they get bad service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

shinzon wrote: »
    I know theres a lot of UPC bashing on this forum but i just thought id share a positive experience i had yesterday with them

I was using the broadband yesterday and it went down at around 10am, both TV and BB, so rang UPC and reported the fault, a very helpful agent on the phone ran a few tests and said that it hasnt been reported as an area fault yet so well need to book a service callout, earliest they could book was friday, working for an isp i realise timelines so didnt kick up and just said go ahead and book it, in the meantime she said shed send it onto the screening team as well just to see if there was an area fault just in case, so thanking her i hung up the phone and thought nothing more about it, i knew it was some sort of area fault because i had been using the Bb before it went down and the Tv was working as well so i knew itd be back at some stage the same day

Lo and behold about 3/4 of an hour later UPC van pulls up, takes some details off me, walks up the road looks at the connections see if theres any breaks, no breaks so he goes to the amplifier box tests it and comes back to say something very unusual is going on here, there is no signal at all coming into the box, so he had to goto the main box in the area to check there he also said there was an ESB outage that could also be causing this, about 15-20 mins later he comes back and as i was passing the modem i noticed all lights were back on and the telly working again, so told him everything was fine and off he went

and to cap this all off not 10 minutes ago I got a call from UPC following up on the fault to make sure everything was working and to not hesitate to call us again if anything happens

well and truly impressed with it, praise where praise is due IMO

Shin
    I've being with them for years. There customer support service was awful, but with my last problem I had with them they where great and like you said they called me back a week later to make sure everything was in working order. I hope this wasn't a once off and it's how they continue. Saying that I had NTL/UPC for years now and my connection is stable with great speeds.
    To be fair I don't think UPC have being slammed to hard here on Boards.ie. I think most people realise that they are a good ISP. Just that anyone who has problems with the service is going to post here for help or to show there anger.

Advertisement