Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush: Somebody interested to cut the grass in our estate ?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

We just created a Resident Association in our estate in Rush. We already received some contributions from the residents and the committee is in place.
    We are now looking for somebody to cut the grass of our green area (100+m x 30+m).
    If you know somebody or if you are interested, please PM me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Areyou insured for public liability? Otherwise the person you use has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭aledoux

No we are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

which estate is it you are talking about

Brookford Estate accross from SeaBrook Estate

You might want to have that public liability box ticked yourselves or ask for a copy of the public liability to be given to you to retain with your files. I know it sounds over the top but thats the time something happens and better to keep everything on a professional level.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Who owns the green area you want cut?

If your association has no ownership in the grassed area you cannot take out public liability insurance, due to a lack of "insurable interest" and by the way if the association doesn't own the grassed area, why are you cutting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

Ask Noel Fagan, dont ask me for a number i doubt he has one - hes old school :D anyone from Rush will know him. he wont have insurance but what the hell !!

Well part of the green area is owned by Fingal I guess and was maintained by them. Unfortunately since they stop cutting it, kids are now playing on the road in the estate where there is no speed limit, ramps, ...
    Why do we want to cut it because it just looks horrible and trying to play football with the kids in 2-3feet high grass is kinda difficult ! ;)

I know Golden Ridge were setting up a Resident Association as well, is there any other estate in Rush doing the same ?

aledoux wrote: »
    Why do we want to cut it because it just looks horrible and trying to play football with the kids in 2-3feet high grass is kinda difficult ! ;)

The Football pitch around the corner in Hayestown still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

Why should they have to go to another estate cos they council are useless, i imagine the kids playing are too small to be heading up to hayestown its a decent distance in fairness from brookford to hayestown unless they older children.

• Advertisement

Well good pitch from what 'I remember, under used and had goal posts so good place to play football. Only around the corner in fairness and they might be older kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Have you asked the council to cut a portion of this grass and leave the rest for the "growing spaces" area? In my experience they are very open to this request.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

The area where aledoux is talking about is an absoulate mess. People are letting dogs out on it and the only 1 I have seen with a bag or scooper is the guy with the golden coloured boxer. It has the potential to ba a lovely area and is in full view of the houses so parents can keep an eye out. Its a little far for the kids in this area to go to Hayestown. There are only a handful of school going kids in this estate.

I will pm you in a few minutes with some names. If you are paying cash the lad cutting it wont be very interested in Public liability or V.A.T recipts;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Eoineo wrote: »
    Have you asked the council to cut a portion of this grass and leave the rest for the "growing spaces" area? In my experience they are very open to this request.

you should try this. my faith has been retored in fingal within the last few weeks. it might take a few emails and phone calls. but it would be made easier if your assoc. all did it and you might get something done.

LeoB wrote: »
    The area where aledoux is talking about is an absoulate mess. People are letting dogs out on it and the only 1 I have seen with a bag or scooper is the guy with the golden coloured boxer. It has the potential to ba a lovely area and is in full view of the houses so parents can keep an eye out. Its a little far for the kids in this area to go to Hayestown. There are only a handful of school going kids in this estate.

I will pm you in a few minutes with some names. If you are paying cash the lad cutting it wont be very interested in Public liability or V.A.T recipts;)

Well if it as bad as Leo says maybe you should ask the council to send out a litter warden to crack down on the dog fouling before letting the kids play in the area when you ring them about cutting a clear area. You wouldnt want them getting any nasty eye infections because someone is too lazy to bring a plastic bag to remove dog droppings. Cheaper to buy bags than pay 300 euro on the spot fine.

Thanks for all the reply and yes we have been in contact with Fingal. Unfortunately, our estate is one of those case where the developer is in liquidation and Fingal only took ownership of half the estate. This explains why in Brookford Estate, only half the green area had the grass cut and the same half has road marking. The other half is in nobody's hands so as an association we are trying to find the easiest and best way to get that sorted ourselves.

Sheep! Gives you a reason to keep the dogs off the space, they cant sue you if they have an accident and you can always eat them to get rid of the evidence :)

Seriously query were you stand with it legally with the guys in the Legal discussion, they can't give you legal advice but they can point you in the right direction and its an interesting one for them to discuss. There must be alot of estates like that where the estate ends in a building site or waste ground and ownership is in Limbo or Nama so plenty of boarders will be interested to see what they say.

Good thinking Corsendonk. I will put a post in the Legal discussion about the resident association and the public liability and other.

Advertisement