Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy a small generator

Options
  • 19-08-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

This may seem like a stupidly obvious question to some of you, but I am having trouble finding somewhere to buy a small and cheap petrol generator.
    The reason I need one is that the ESB are planning an outage this Saturday for what could be 6 hours and I need a generator to keep my fish tank going. I only need a small generator for this purpose and I would also like to own one for any future outages - so would ideally like to buy it rather than rent.

I was looking on the B&Q UK website and they had a Sumo 650W petrol generator for £75, but rang B&Q stores in Dublin and none of them have it.

http://nextday.diy.com/app/jsp/product/productPage.jsp?productId=89480

Any ideas/suggestions?

(I am on the Northside of Dublin btw).

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I was going to suggest somewhere, but it would have cost you far more than that so I won't! I can't believe how cheap that is!! I would be interested to know what the quality is. Please let me know how you get on if you find one of these. I would imagine that you will be able to buy these in B & Q in Northern Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

maybe 2 late with this but the noise of this baby would be a demon
    http://www.screwfix.com/prods/89480/Power-Tools/Generators/Sumo-SML34GEN-650W-Generator#

"NOISE DATA
    Sound power level declared 91dB
    The figures quoted are emission levels and are not necessarily safe working levels.Whilst there is a correlation between the emission and exposure levels, this cannot be used reliably to determine whether or not the actual level of exposure of the workroom, the other sources of noise etc. i.e. the number of machines and the adjacent processes and the length of time for which an operator is exposed to the noise.Also the permissible exposure level can vary from country.This information however, will enable the user of the machine to make a better evaluation of the hazard and risk.The
    supplier recommends the use of ear protection at all time
    ."
    This includes the fish:)

Advertisement