Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mojoes ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

:( Never got to try the place. Went in once but there was two cars in the queue so I couldn't be arsed waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That was the beauty of the place, even with 5-7 cars in front of you you weren't waiting long. They'd 3-4 staff washing each section of the car like an assembly line. Even on the busiest day, I'd go in, have a large coffee and by the time my coffee was done the car would be too.

Got my car washed yesterday in another place. Wheels weren't clean, glass that I paid extra to be done wasn't clean, and to my horror when I collected mine, I saw them cleaning the side of a 2011 Audi with a soft sweeping brush covered in suds. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Owen wrote: »
    That was the beauty of the place, even with 5-7 cars in front of you you weren't waiting long. They'd 3-4 staff washing each section of the car like an assembly line. Even on the busiest day, I'd go in, have a large coffee and by the time my coffee was done the car would be too.

Got my car washed yesterday in another place. Wheels weren't clean, glass that I paid extra to be done wasn't clean, and to my horror when I collected mine, I saw them cleaning the side of a 2011 Audi with a soft sweeping brush covered in suds. Never again.

Name and shame so we don't all make that mistake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Are both the coffee shop AND the car wash closed at the moment?
    Pity, handy spot.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Real shame it's closed :(
    Was planning on going up there to get the car cleaned this week.
    Was by far the best car wash I have ever used and I hope they get up and running again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

One of the staff was on the 96fm (I know, poor taste in radio) this morning saying they (the staff) would like to get it going again but that, according to him, some of the equipment and stock had already been removed so it's not as simple as just taking it over.

The whole thing is closed and they have barriers up to prevent anyone driving on to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

cant believe its all gone:(

i was only in there last friday getting the car washed, seems odd it just basically closed down overnight, it was always busy whenever i was there,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Facebook group says expect news soon

David Kelly
    Unfortunate news: Numerous offers have been made to the directors of Mojoe's Coffee House which would see staff jobs reinstated and we could continue to provide excellent service to the people of Cork. All such offers have been declined to date. This is especially frustrating when one considers the times in which we live.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Never went there myself but it always looked jointed when I passed surprised it is closed down :eek:

• Advertisement

The place is being ripped apart and all equipment taken out so not being sold as a going concern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 shoeaddict27

That's such a pity. They really did great coffee :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

It's after opening again. Was in there for a filled roll and tea. Quite nice, too. Didn't see any cars being washed, though.

Advertisement