Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Early Sunday (7.30) spin from Dundrum

• 19-08-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/ie/dundrum/sallygap/dundrum/854128221764329111

Not going to the Burren after all but I have a pass for spin early Sunday AM.
    So far it's just me and possibly CramCycle - bike repair permitting.

Pace. Beginnerish for me so slow/moderate.
    Depending on how I get on I might turn at Sraghmore and go up to the Sally Gap via Laragh/Glenmacnass. Lots of places to keep going if you prefer longer spins. I have to be back by 12 so no epics for me.

Meeting under the bridge at Dundrum at 7.30 this Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

I shall mostly be turning over for a hungover lie-in. If you don't mind though, would you put in twice as much effort as normal, to make up for me?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

kenmc wrote: »
    I shall mostly be turning over for a hungover lie-in. If you don't mind though, would you put in twice as much effort as normal, to make up for me?
    Thanks.

Duly noted. Will also cycle very quietly in case I wake anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Count me in.

snollup wrote: »
    Count me in.

Excellent. :)

Anyone else up for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

might be up for it, if i'm not there by 7.35 head on.

Mosiki wrote: »
    might be up for it, if i'm not there by 7.35 head on.

Ok. I'll be slow enough for you to catch up if you are late.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Depending on how the night goes I might be there.

Left Dundrum around 7.35/40. Just me and Snollup on his very nice new Felt. Few glitches with his rear mech so we headed back to Enniskerry after Slaughter Hill. Coffee and cake was had. Worth getting up at the crack of dawn for. :)

I did 87k. snollup probably did a good bit more coming from Clontarf. Don't have a bike computer so I've no idea of the pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Daragh, where's Slaughter Hill exactly? Sounds a good spin.

• Advertisement

Basster wrote: »
    Daragh, where's Slaughter Hill exactly? Sounds a good spin.

It's the hill between Newtownmountkennedy and Roundwood. You can see it on the route I posted. Although looking at that map I can't see it named so I could have the name all wrong :)

It's a good climb and you can follow it quickly with the climb up to the Sally Gap via Luggala if you fancy more pain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I hate Slaughterhill, ughhh.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭Gasco

I hate Slaughterhill, ughhh.

I second that

Gasco wrote: »
    I second that

It's only a hill. Besides, it was your idea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭Gasco

daragh_ wrote: »
    It's only a hill. Besides, it was your idea :D

Not one of my better ideas, it is worrying that you seem to have developed a liking for it, I may have to call in sick for the Early Sunday Morning Spins..

daragh_ wrote: »
    It's the hill between Newtownmountkennedy and Roundwood. You can see it on the route I posted. Although looking at that map I can't see it named so I could have the name all wrong :)

It's a good climb and you can follow it quickly with the climb up to the Sally Gap via Luggala if you fancy more pain.

Oh no, you have the name just about right!

Advertisement