Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do next?

• 19-08-2010 12:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

Well..im still a bit confused.I just got the LC results yesterday and i dont know what to do next...First round of offers from colleges is Monday, and second round is on the 2nd of september.If i get accepted in a college (ITT) in first round and i register in there, but in second round i get accepted in DIT, can i move from ITT to DIT? Because if i get accepted in ITT in first round and i`ll not register in there it is possible to loose the place if i dont get accepted in DIT in second round.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 samehere

if you accept an offer in first round and in second round you are eligile for your higher choice you can take that offer but you have to accept the first offer as there is no guarantee of offer in second round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

I agree. Take the first offer and then come the second round, if you get the offer you really want, you can deal with that then. This happens quite a lot actually and the colleges will just transfer the registration and so on.
    Yet another flaw and problem with the current system and another reason why they shouldn't dilly daddle around all summer with correcting scripts and delaying CAO publications. There simply isn't time for all that messing about in september and october. Some people i know were already started in courses in october when they suddenly were offered another course and went for that offer! Its just a huge headache and so much stress on top of an already stressful move into third level!
    But if I were you, Id take the first offer and just go with that for now. That is unless you really want your first choice and would consider repeating to get it. But if you dont accept the first offer, you will lose that place. Not sure if they even offer second round offers to people who reject the first offer. They didnt before but hopefully thats changed. Good luck

Advertisement