Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dream car needs parts/modding

Options
  • 19-08-2010 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi guys,

First post here.

I am getting my dream car a '96 toyota soarer 2500 cc Petrol auto
    300odd bhp, double wishbone suspension

(I know auto pfft! but runs brilliantly)

Now I can get the bloody lexus tags he stuck on off no bother but it needs a few things which i'm hoping to find a place that can do it all in one or even a few places to do it bit by bit.

timing belt will need replacing in the next 6k which for me is less than 4 months.

the rear lights glass/plastic is getting very dull basically making the braking lights pointless in mist.

the bumpers I dont like i'd like to update them

Rims i can get myself :)

and eventually i'd like to do a custom paint job

Can you guys help me find places for these please?
    I live in greystones, co. wicklow so east coast places would be much appreciated.

Patrick

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Modified forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

Modified forum?

I did consider that but I dont intend on building a boy racer car :)

the only mods i want to do are the bumpers to improve aerodynamics/fuel consumption,:confused:

I want to restore the car rather than modify it:o
    my dad had one but it got totaled by some muppet in a civic outside a restaurant in bray before i was old enough to drive. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

What kind of condition is the paintwork in? Does it need a repsray or will a good polish bring it back to new? You'll do well to find someone to do a goodf quality full respray for reasonable money here.

The rear lights can be cleaned up with an abrasive polish and a bit of elbow grease.

Seperate wrote: »
    What kind of condition is the paintwork in? Does it need a repsray or will a good polish bring it back to new? You'll do well to find someone to do a goodf quality full respray for reasonable money here.

The rear lights can be cleaned up with an abrasive polish and a bit of elbow grease.

Respray i'm afraid:( its been on his dads farm for six moths on gravel that a tractor drives through twice an hour:eek: also he just told me that the driver door needs beating but again i can get that done myself:)

I'm thinkin of putting up to 5k into it (which will break me lol but it is a passion of mine for sometime)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Was that the one on Donedeal?

As Separate says - a good cutting compound, and plenty of effort should restore some of the lustre to your rear lights.

• Advertisement

Patrick85 wrote: »
    the only mods i want to do are the bumpers to improve aerodynamics/fuel consumption,:confused:

Seriously ?

Was that the one on Donedeal?

As Separate says - a good cutting compound, and plenty of effort should restore some of the lustre to your rear lights.

nah its not advertised because he wanted to restore it himself but is very strapped at the moment.

will defo try the cutting compound tnx

RoverJames wrote: »
    Seriously ?

yeah the body sits quite high off the ground and the bubble style stock bumpers are too small he said his mate got some bumpers that were same style but larger and the fuel consumption went down by bout a quarter tank a week

Patrick85 wrote: »
    yeah the body sits quite high off the ground and the bubble style stock bumpers are too small he said his mate got some bumpers that were same style but larger and the fuel consumption went down by bout a quarter tank a week

No doubt he said that but it's total and utter horsesh1t to claim the bumpers made that difference to the fuel usage.

RoverJames wrote: »
    No doubt he said that but it's total and utter horsesh1t to claim the bumpers made that difference to the fuel usage.

LMAO sorry guys this will be my first project :) i drive a 00 1.4 focus atm lol i'm still a noob to this stuff

if anyone knows a place in dublin that could advise me on this i'll stop annoying you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement