Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My laptop screen is smashed, can I still watch it through my tv and rga cable?

• 19-08-2010 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I got a quote of €200 to fix the screen, plus labour. That is ludicrous IMO.

I have a TV though that takes in VGA, it has the same input as a PC Monitor. I connected a comp up to it before. But will I be able to view the laptop through it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

sure can, even better if you have a hdmi out.

you can fix screens yourself relatively easily too, ive fixed 7 or 8 with spares from ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Press fn plus f5,f6,f7,f9 to turn on external vga monitor, look for function key with logo,square,tv symbol,or 2 tv logo,s.Press FN plus function key at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

ricman wrote: »
    Press fn plus f5,f6,f7,f9 to turn on external vga monitor, look for function key with logo,square,tv symbol,or 2 tv logo,s.Press FN plus function key at the same time.

Can you explain a bit better please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Press fn key plus the function key with a square,or 2 squares ie tv/monitor logo,that turns on vga out, turn on monitor, before you turn on pc.
    FN KEY IS USUALLY on the lower right,or left of keyboard.
    function key on mine is f7 .
    press fn plus function key at the same time.ie just fn plus another key.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

in my experience those shortcuts dont work that well,win7 picks up external displays automatically - how old is the laptop? the screen entirely smashed so that you cant make anything out of it? or could you see the screen enough to adjust settings - again check out ebay for your laptop model replacement lcd, should get one for between 80 and 100 sterling . if your capable of operating a screwdriver then replacing it should be no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

You dont mention what make or model laptop you are using but 200+ labour is quite expensive for most screens.

Advertisement