Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduated in Design, now thinking of a different course altogether...

Options
  • 19-08-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm a bit unsure of what I'm able to do so I thought I'd post here in the hope that someone might be able to answer this for me.

I graduated from N.C.A.D a year ago and to get into that course originally, I had aimed my leaving cert results to just get into the course, which wasnt very acedemically challenging. (At that time, all you needed was an A grade in two higher subjects, one had to be art).

I now find myself in the situation where I'd love to a course in Philosophy or Psychology, and I'm assuming they'd still use your leaving cert results to assess you for such an application? or am I completely wrong? I do remember that such courses did carry a high point requirement.

This would worry me clearly, as my points weren't that high. Being 26 now I'd be considered a mature student in applying to such a course, do leaving cert results still have an effect regarding being one?

Just a bit confused here, would be very grateful of any information provided.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

You could look at doing a HDip conversion course for psychology. Trinity and UCD both do courses, or you could go the Open University route. I'm pretty you're assessed on your degree results for all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭going un-reg

Thanks Cannibal :)

I got a first class honours, so if that's the case I'm sure that will weigh heavily in my favour!

Much appreciated.

Advertisement