Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats 2010-2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

yeah i know, sorry, i do it automatically now, such is my pathalogical need to feel wanted . . .:)
    Enough, tbh!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

What do people think about repeating from home? Does anyone ever do it?

Not sure if it's a good idea or not, and I think my parents will probably be opposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭cal4nia

i did TERRIBLE in the LC lol just got DBS..DONT no whether to just go there or repeat id just want 445 or around that :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

DB10 wrote: »
    What do people think about repeating from home? Does anyone ever do it?

Not sure if it's a good idea or not, and I think my parents will probably be opposed.
    You'd want to be very motivated! I defo wouldn't advise anyone to repeat at home unless they're restricted by money.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

THFC wrote: »
    You'd want to be very motivated! I defo wouldn't advise anyone to repeat at home unless they're restricted by money.
    Hmm I'm not really motivated too much now, not sure if I got into it though.

Doubt it would work with distractions. Just I don't want to go back to school even though some of my friends are and also half the teachers I would have would just make it a waste of time in their class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭cal4nia

i did my leavin at home last year and look wer i am defo dnt do it:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

cal4nia wrote: »
    i did my leavin at home last year and look wer i am defo dnt do it:eek:
    cal4nia, welcome to Boards. :)

Please note that textspeak is not welcome on this site.

DB10 wrote: »
    Hmm I'm not really motivated too much now, not sure if I got into it though.

Doubt it would work with distractions. Just I don't want to go back to school even though some of my friends are and also half the teachers I would have would just make it a waste of time in their class.
    Yeh could always go to a diff school??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

So are people changing subjects? I think I'll take up economics and drop english and irish mabye french. I havent decided the other subject i'll take up geography, business and technology are all on the shortlist though!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

DCG (Design and Communication Graphics) is a nice course and I'd say you could manage it in a year, The project is worth 40% and it requires a good bit of time but it is definetly possibly to get high marks in it. The rest of the course is a challenge but it's definetly something you could do well in with practise.

• Advertisement

Dropping english, irish and maths and taking up ag science and construction. I heard that DCG is hard course. Unless yeh really like it its supposed to be really hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

i repeated in 2010 and i know the feeling you'd be going through i was devastated took me weeks to get over itwhat made it worse was my mates going to college but i settled down put in a harder effort and it was all worth it remember it isn't the end of the world you just need to dust yourself down and get back into it best of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Paauull

Hey. i always wanted to start a thread.. so i might as well start one now :P

im just wondering how are other repeat students set for the LC this time round? What courses ye hoping to do?

as for me, im more nervous this time round.. i dont know why though :/

good luck to everyone with their exams :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheRepeat

Hey :)
    Ehh less nervous this time round I think but still have so much to cover.. Even though I want my course so badly, I found it really hard to motivate myself at times. How did you find the past yr? Fingers crossed I get what I need :/ All that said though, going back to repeat was probably the best decision I've ever made! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KevADTR

Hey, I'm repeating my Leaving Cert this year too.
    I got 260 points in my Leaving last year.
    In the mocks I was really pumped and managed to get 400points

HOWEVER, I have took my foot off the pedal massively since the mocks barely doing any study.

I am more nervous this year because I realize that this is my second bite at the cherry but in all honesty if i get 350points i'm delighted.

I feel stupid for not sticking at the study since the mocks because I was doing so well but I guess there was other personal factors involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

It's hard to say. I think I'm better than last year but I didn't really care last year and do this year. I got 395 but only did 5 honours and I'm doing 6 this year,so hoping for about 480.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

More nervous this time with a new subject and the fact i took a year out to get more points...

First choice is Nursing for 440/445, but if i got Arts, would be well chuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mty92

If you manage 2 get less points repeating the leaving cert can you still use your old points?? I'm not actually too concerned I'm almost positive of going up but just need some reassurance!!

mty92 wrote: »
    If you manage 2 get less points repeating the leaving cert can you still use your old points?? I'm not actually too concerned I'm almost positive of going up but just need some reassurance!!

Yep I think you can! Ya might have to wait another year though? Not sure about the CAO side but, you keep last years regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

Raging! Doing so much less this year than last year. Afraid of the ultimate embarassment....Doing worse this year than last year!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Paauull

im applying for nursing too!! and ill also do arts if i dont get it! both in UCC :)
    ill be happy with whatever i get!

Paauull wrote: »
    im applying for nursing too!! and ill also do arts if i dont get it! both in UCC :)
    ill be happy with whatever i get!

High 5 - UCC also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Katelyn92

wayyyy more nervous this year... yet a lot more prepared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lisabisa

Its been a long year, and a lot of stuff has happened so I sorta just wanna get it over and done with and hope the work pays off. whatever work i did do. :)

would never do it again though. jeeze. hahah.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

I'm a repeat too, but im 21 and previously did the LC in 2007!!

Struggled to get back into the swing of things at the start, but now I know I made the best decision of my life.

Today went really well for me, so much so that I cried... It must have been the build up of stress from the past few weeks! But I cant wait to get these exams done and dusted, and hopefully i'll get the points for the course im desperate.

Best of luck to all the other repeaters!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

I am going for 380 points. However say I get 370 because I did bad in say Accounting where I was expecting an A but got a c.

Is it possible for me to just repeat the accounting exam next year, get my a and then use those points combined with the points I already had or do I have to repeat the whole leaving cert?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lisabisa

I am going for 380 points. However say I get 370 because I did bad in say Accounting where I was expecting an A but got a c.

Is it possible for me to just repeat the accounting exam next year, get my a and then use those points combined with the points I already had or do I have to repeat the whole leaving cert?

Cheers

Sadly, you'll have to repeat the whole thing.
    You can only use the points from one leaving cert, but say you failed maths but got your points, you could then repeat maths and use it as a requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

lisabisa wrote: »
    Sadly, you'll have to repeat the whole thing.
    You can only use the points from one leaving cert, but say you failed maths but got your points, you could then repeat maths and use it as a requirement.

ugh, sickener.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

I'm a little more positive this year I think but the nerves are kind of starting to kick in now thinking about paper 2 tomorrow so I don't know.
    Last year passed all higher level got 395...
    I'm hoping for teaching but if not then arts in maynooth *fingers crossed*
    I got a B2 in higher level biology last year and am a little afraid of doing worse this year round because biology is my best subject .. managed an A2 in the mock exams but really haven't studied much since then so it all depends what comes up....:/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Vodkat wrote: »
    I'm a repeat too, but im 21 and previously did the LC in 2007!!

Struggled to get back into the swing of things at the start, but now I know I made the best decision of my life.

Today went really well for me, so much so that I cried... It must have been the build up of stress from the past few weeks! But I cant wait to get these exams done and dusted, and hopefully i'll get the points for the course im desperate.

Best of luck to all the other repeaters!! :D:D

Vodkat are you doing the Leaving in your old school?

Advertisement