Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats 2010-2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Vodkat are you doing the Leaving in your old school?

I sure am! I felt that if i was familiar with my surroundings and the teachers it would help rather than repeating in a school that costs 4,000 and I dont know anyone or any teachers. I was the oldest in the year, but another fella came back to repat and he was 19 and we got on like a house on fire. He was problely one of the main reasons for keeping me sane throughout the year. The teachers couldnt believe it when I walked into their classrooms on the first day back, they told me they had heard that a student was returning after a few years of leaving... but they never expected it to be me. A lot of the teachers gave me extra classes and treated me as a mature student that wanted to do better. Even got presents from 2 on the last day!! I had only gotten 280 points the first time around but im expecting around 480 this time even though I only need 430. I know it was without a doubt the best decision I ever made and many of my friends wish they could switch positions with me. I cant wait to start college next year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

So, how we all doing??:p Not going to improve much on last year (if at all) myself but I'e be interedted to know how the rest of ye got/ are getting on.
    I've only done 2 subject so far, geo and french, and I've four more next week. Construction should be a doddle and phys-chem won't be that hard but I'm screwed for ag science, should be all right for economics tho.
    All in all I'm expecting in and around the 450 mark, which make repeating the year totally pointless:(.. Not really too bothered tho, didn't study as hard as last year and I already have a decent amount of points.
    So, are any of ye expecting to go up/down this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

THFC wrote: »
    So, how we all doing??:p Not going to improve much on last year (if at all)

Are you still goin' for primary teaching?

NotExactly wrote: »
    Are you still goin' for primary teaching?
    I dunno, if I get it I'll take it but I'm not really fussed tbh. It's one of few courses that actully appeal to me but I won't be too upset should I not get the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

I defo feel a bit better this year, especially after Biology :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Yeah i feel better this year aswell! still have economics left so hopefully that goes well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

There sure are a lot of us! Actually I think there's roughly 100 repeats on boards which is roughly 4.56%, if my brain serves me correctly. That's a surprisingly large percentage of all repeats.

Fbjm wrote: »
    There sure are a lot of us! Actually I think there's roughly 100 repeats on boards which is roughly 4.56%, if my brain serves me correctly. That's a surprisingly large percentage of all repeats.

How the hell did you work that out?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Really glad i repeated, matured alot during the year too. Honestly though i did fudge-all work this year. Was really worried but the exams are going grand...say ill jump from 270 to about 380. Anyone whos considering it you wont regret it in the slightest.;)

How the hell did you work that out?:confused:

I heard there's 22,000 repeats altogether a year, a hundred goes into that 22 times, 22 goes into 100 4 times with 12 left over, 12 is JUST over half of 22. So, 4 times into 100 = 4%, the 12 left over = roughly .56%. Took me 20 seconds :pac:

• Advertisement

I heard there's 22,000 repeats altogether a year, a hundred goes into that 22 times, :
    Goes 220 times. And I think I speak for everyone when I say i've got no idea why you are doing any of the rest of it.

Goes 220 times. And I think I speak for everyone when I say i've got no idea why you are doing any of the rest of it.

Sorry, meant 2,200. If it were 22,000 that'd be nearly half of all lc candidates :P

Sorry, meant 2,200. If it were 22,000 that'd be nearly half of all lc candidates :P
    Where are you getting the rest of your figures from? As in, how do you figure there are 100 repeats on Boards?

Where are you getting the rest of your figures from? As in, how do you figure there are 100 repeats on Boards?

Just a rough estimation based on the past few repeat-related posts over the past week or two. no big deal either way ;)

I've no idea why you're doin' any of it.

I've no idea why you're doin' any of it.

Boredom? There's like nothing else to do. :/ random maths is more fun than nothing :P

Boredom? There's like nothing else to do. :/ random maths is more fun than nothing :P

Whatever floats your boat.:rolleyes:

rofl

So its done now and I really cant wait for the results. Spent the pat few weeks looking for a job but to no avail. Mainly wanting to work to keep me busy and keep my mind off things. Before deciding to repeat I was working for 3 years so its weird having nothing to do all day. Although my Mam loves having me around to help her with everything around the house. So what are you guys doing for the summer?

The summer is really dragging and I cant stop dreaming about the results... had one last night where I opened the envelope and totted up the points and I got 490, I rang everyone and was telling them YES IM GOING TO GET MY NO.1!! But when I looked back at the page again the grades had changed and I had only gotten 372 points??? Everyday I think about it at least once and its beginning to make me feel less confidant! :(

What time are the results available and are you going to get them online or go into the school? I was also wondering could I look at them online first before going in and then go in just to get the paper there written on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Had a dream last night i got a G in Ag Science :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

OP you must have been in my year at Yeats too this year.

Looking forward to getting the results,just another month to go.

How's everyone feeling with less than 2 weeks to go till the results?

For me i just want them now! sick of waiting..wasnt this nervous this time last year :rolleyes: hope thats a good sign :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

How's everyone feeling with less than 2 weeks to go till the results?

For me i just want them now! sick of waiting..wasnt this nervous this time last year :rolleyes: hope thats a good sign :pac:

I keep thinking of every little thing to do with them. My latest thought is to not open them until after the CAO offers come out...

I am extremellllllllllly nervous though!

Edit: Oops, I just realised that this is a repeats thread.. I'm not repeating, still nervous though! :P

The only thing that's keeping me sane is boards and how others are feeling :rolleyes:

How are we feeling now?

Nervous but excited at the same time! Athough I dont want to get my hopes up and we cant tell how papers were marked etc. I still think im going to get my number 1. Offers are out the day before I go to NY so im hoping everything goes my way otherwise I wont be able enjoy my holiday!

How are you feeling??

What's your number 1?
    Aw not so sure...I reckon I'll definitely get number 2 which is still good but I'd love number 1 but there's a gap of about 40 points to that,still,fingers crossed.

Wednesday cant come quick enough for me! just want them now! whats everyone wanting to do anyways? :)

I have Midwifery as my number 1 in NUIG. :D:D

• Advertisement

Wednesday cant come quick enough for me! just want them now! whats everyone wanting to do anyways? :)
    Business and transatlantic studies in DCU...BESS second,wbu?
    Vodkat wrote: »
    I have Midwifery as my number 1 in NUIG. :D:D

Good luck :cool:

Advertisement