Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation Maths & PLC Courses

• 19-08-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit worried with my choice to do Foundation Maths. I dropped because NCI accepts a B2 at Foundation and I got a B1, the problem is I only got 140 points and I needed 200.

Expecting such a problem would happen I applied for a half dozen PLC courses back in May and I got offered a place in Rathmines and have to go to confirm my place next week, the problem is I don't know if they accept Foundation, I can't find any information about it. Everywhere just says a Leaving Cert standard of education, but not what it actually is. All I was told is I need 5 passes, I got 6 and failed Irish.

I have the feeling doing Foundation and/or failing Irish means I won't be able to go to college. If someone could enlighten me on this that would be great, because my guidance counciller sure as hell didn't think to tell me about ANY of this. I have the feeling dropping to Foundation to get into NCI has left me unable to get into a college of further education.

If I can't get in, is it possible for me to just resit Maths and Irish? Can I also do Technology?

It would be great to get my ma off my back. She keeps telling me I failed my Leaving and is trying to force me to redo the whole Leaving Cert, which is the last thing I want to do.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You didn't fail your Leaving, so tell your mother that.
    Did you try ringing Rathmines today?

Unless Maths is an integral part of your course, I'd say you'll be fine.

If you want, you can resit any subject(s) you want.

Advertisement