Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orwell/Lucan/Tiernan/UCD TTT Brittas Aug 19

• 19-08-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

I am scared ... is it going to rain later on?
    Who is taking part?

Fresh for the Orwell website:

Please note that the new owners of the Blue Gardenia Pub, Brittas have requested that all cyclists signing on for the Thursday night Inter-club League races refrain from using their car park and toilets- please respect this on behalf of the Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

It should be fun. It's going to be wet and slippy, but fun.

I have assembled a good team (Levitronix, david.obrien and montac) to ferry me around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Rain will make this interesting. It's a bit technical by TT standards and my brakes don't do anything if they're wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

niceonetom wrote: »
    Rain will make this miserable.
    FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

The rainfall radar seems to hint at it blowing over soon. </optimist>

Man it was hard! I launched the final sprint and almost got sick at the finish. Why the hell do we put ourselves through this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Another bloody punture tonight grrrr .... anyway enjoyed kiling it for 1 and a half laps haha

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭montac

Yeah, it was definitely hard Caroline, but I really enjoyed it. It was a very different kind of race, lots of team work, which was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

Dirk, wake up and give us a race report!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dirk, wake up and give us a race report!!
    Still awaiting yours from Tuesday night!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Still awaiting yours from Tuesday night!!

She came, she saw, she almost conquered.....

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    She came, she saw, she almost conquered.....
    I understand you're our secret weapon next Tuesday Rob. Do you have the wig yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

That was one of the most physically gruelling rides I've ever done. It's incredible how much damage you can do to your body in 40 mins.

Getting out of the car and putting the bike together is NOT an adequate warm-up for the ass-whooping the other three in the team are capable of dishing out... I thought I was going to puke into my own lungs.

I really did my best, and looking back at my garmin data now, I can safely say that I had no more to give. AvgHR was 93% of max for 39 mins and hit 97% twice. I did my work on the front as best I could, but I just couldn't stay there as long as the others. DaveMc did inhuman amounts on the front and went up the full length drag in front both times around - out of the saddle keeping that 56 big-ring turning over. Our new club champion was just as fearsome and McNally just hammered along on the shít surface on the back half of the loop. I nearly got left in the final 300m when the remaining two still had the beans to sprint but I really didn't. Shamefully I had to gasp for them to ease - with only three left, there was no point in unleashing that if they couldn't bring me with them.

It was enough for 2nd place though, and, more importantly to some in the team, enough to beat the Orwell A team who came in, I think 6 (or 8?) seconds behind. I was told that the IRC were virtually unbeatable at the TTT as so it proved. They beat us into second by more than a minute.

These things I have learned:
    • Never drive/be driven to the start of a TT. Whatever the weather, ride there, and use that as your warm-up.
    • If it's a TTT and you think you might be the 4th man, drop out before you get beaten to the punch. Once there's only three left the pain becomes much harder to take, if only because it now seems less voluntary.
    • If it's a team TT, don't end up spending the rotation behind the smallest member of the team and only one with full TT bike - he simply doesn't make a big enough hole in the air. Find the biggest guy, get behind him and encourage him to stay on the hoods.
    • Never drive/be driven to the start of a TT. Whatever the weather, ride there, and use that as your warm-up.

Are there results posted yet any where ?

levitronix wrote: »
    Are there results posted yet any where ?

http://www.cyclinglucan.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Chappeau to Paul Tansey and Fionn on finishing in the points.

(PS If et's bike was nicked I might have a suspect)

Just checked results .. We got beaten by our arch enemies from st terians .. if it wasnt for that punture !!

Advertisement