Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted House Near Carroll's Cross on N25, Waterford

Options
  • 19-08-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

I have always wondered about this strange house, and if ever I have gotten bad 'vibes' off a place, it is this from old house on the N25 from Waterford to Dungarvan, near Kilmeaden.
    Up until yesterday, I believed the cause of the haunting was a girl who was killed while cycling soon after she left the house, on the way to see her boyfriend, but passing the house with my father yesterday, he said that much more sinister things had happened there in the form of ouija boards, satan worship and so forth.

So does anyone know more about this house and it's history? I heard that many people have tried to stay there, but none have been able to, and that one ended up in an asylum as a result of staying there.

Here is a photo of the mysterious house:

4079300393a7489516869l.jpg

Any information about the house would be appreciated,
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sounds like a job for The Mystery Machine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The only reason ouija boards are sinister is because people believe they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

Sounds like a job for The Mystery Machine :pac:

Yep, me and a couple of other pesky kids can solve the case. :/
    looksee wrote: »
    The only reason ouija boards are sinister is because people believe they are.

Or if people use them for sinister reasons, or unknowingly contact sinister spirits. I should have been more specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Sounds really interesting! When I go home next I'm definitely gonna take a trip up to see this house! :) Where is it exactly on the Waterford - Dungarvan road?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

brian1991 wrote: »

Or if people use them for sinister reasons, or unknowingly contact sinister spirits. I should have been more specific.

Exactly!

• Advertisement

Sounds really interesting! When I go home next I'm definitely gonna take a trip up to see this house! :) Where is it exactly on the Waterford - Dungarvan road?

Hmm, I'm not very good with directions, the thread title is the nearest description I can give. I'm not even sure what side of Kilmeaden it's on. :o I'm sure if you asked at a pub in Lemybrien/Kilmeaden someone could give much better directions than me. I might try to take a photo tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Hmm, I'm not very good with directions, the thread title is the nearest description I can give. I'm not even sure what side of Kilmeaden it's on. :o I'm sure if you asked at a pub in Lemybrien/Kilmeaden someone could give much better directions than me. I might try to take a photo tomorrow.

Its on the Dungarvan side of Kilmeaden, and on the Waterford side of the turn-off to Portlaw and Newtown/Kilmacthomas at Carrolls Cross, just past the old pub and before the quarry before you come to Haughtons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

It's just a house, in private ownership. It has an unfortunate history having a young child die there around the turn of the last century and the family moved away.

Stories have grown legs since then, now I'm sure you can even find someone who swears the entrance to hell itself is inside the front door...:p

It's just a house, in private ownership. It has an unfortunate history having a young child die there around the turn of the last century and the family moved away.

Stories have grown legs since then, now I'm sure you can even find someone who swears the entrance to hell itself is inside the front door...:p

Do you know how she died? It must have been something bad if everyone refuses to live there, like that family in the early 90s etc. Has a priest etc ever tried to attempt to get the spirit to move on and stop haunting the building?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I've heard that some german tourists had to leave in the middle of night when staying there as they couldn't hack it.

Is the house for sale or is it lying idle?

It would also be nice if we could see some photos of the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Miss Dymph

Oh my god i know this house! I was told it was haunted with a sad history but thought it was all just 'ol wives tales'. Definitely idle as the curtains are always hanging in the same dishevelled way but id be really interested if anyone here can shed light on anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Anyone up for staying a night there?

Private Property.

deisedevil wrote: »
    Anyone up for staying a night there?

I would be interested, but I'm not sure how you get permission from the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Wow that house looks really modern. I thought it would be falling down!

I'd love to stay a night in it! But, not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I've heard the same stories. It's puzzled me that such a house is lying idle especially on the main waterford-cork road.

I recall that the house was in serious disrepair up until ten or so years ago where they did a little work on the outside of it - but yet no one moved into it.

The strangest I've heard is that a family who lived there heard mass in latin through the walls and that items could be seen floating in the darkness during the night.

Why would someone leave the house idle? Especially throughout the recent good times when a person could sell their shed for 200k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The strangest I've heard is that a family who lived there heard mass in latin through the walls and that items could be seen floating in the darkness during the night.

Why would someone leave the house idle?

You answered your own question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I would be interested, but I'm not sure how you get permission from the owners.

I was only messing, no chance I'd stay there with anyones permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

My father grew up in a house on a farm just up around the corner from this house, in ballysionnach, and ive been told some freaky stories their old family house too,which my aunt still lives in.:eek:

I read about this on the Waterford City forum too,Im gona ask him about this house later and ill post and let you know what he tells me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Just gave him a quick call there and from what he remembers, the owners are farmers and live close by just up the road. He said it is supposed to be haunted and doesnt remember anyone living in it, there's stories of lights going on and off and "people/faces" being seen in it! Ill ask him more tomorrow, ill try jog his memory!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Ive always wanted to stay a night in that house but I doubt it would be possible to get permission to stay there. I am a believer of haunted houses because my parents house I grew up in was haunted and my grandfathers house was haunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Porridgemonster

I grew up around that area and I have never seen anyone living in that house.
    The story that we were told that in the early to mid 70s a priest stopped and called into the house looking for directions late at night and back then,that road wasnt as wide as it is now,and was very dark,he knocked on the door and it was answered by an elderly woman,who only held the door open a couple of inches to talk to him.
    She told the priest that she didnt know the people he was searching for,and for the brief time he was there,he heard the most awful crying coming from inside the house.
    He then went further up the road to ask at another house and was told that he couldnt possibly of been talking to anyone in that house as no-one has ever lived there !
    I asked a local farmer about the stories and he seemed to think that they were made up,to keep people from snooping around the house ;)
    He still wouldnt go near the house though even though he told me that :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

IF the house is haunted, who put in the new windows and doors a few years back, and why maybe was it not left to fall down in time if no one lives there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ghostbuster dungarvan

I have always wondered about this strange house, and if ever I have gotten bad 'vibes' off a place, it is this from old house on the N25 from Waterford to Dungarvan, near Kilmeaden.
    Up until yesterday, I believed the cause of the haunting was a girl who was killed while cycling soon after she left the house, on the way to see her boyfriend, but passing the house with my father yesterday, he said that much more sinister things had happened there in the form of ouija boards, satan worship and so forth.

So does anyone know more about this house and it's history? I heard that many people have tried to stay there, but none have been able to, and that one ended up in an asylum as a result of staying there.

Here is a photo of the mysterious house:

4079300393a7489516869l.jpg

Any information about the house would be appreciated,
    Brian
    Hiya Brian, we went to this house last night and took a couple of photos. When we looked at them on the camera, another photo appeared in between the 2 we had taken. It was a misty image, the other 2 that I'd taken were really clear images, when we zoomed in on the misty image you can see the face of an old woman. We got pure shivers when we walked around the back of the house, and a really eerie feeling. We'd also like to get some more info about the place. We're trying to get a clear image of the pic uploaded. If anyone has anymore info about the history of the place, could you please let us know. Cheers

Stay out of there, it's private property.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

I live down the road from this house past haughtons (at weekends when back at my parents!)
    As far as I know it is meant to be haunted with a poltergeist .... Have heard the stories about items meant to be seen floating while people have been there

It is defo not a house I would plan to spend any amount of time in!!!! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

You're all mad.:p Ghosts and spooks:eek::D They don't exist. As much as we want to believe in such thinks, I'm sorry but they just don't exist:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Hiya Brian, we went to this house last night and took a couple of photos. When we looked at them on the camera, another photo appeared in between the 2 we had taken. It was a misty image, the other 2 that I'd taken were really clear images, when we zoomed in on the misty image you can see the face of an old woman. We got pure shivers when we walked around the back of the house, and a really eerie feeling. We'd also like to get some more info about the place. We're trying to get a clear image of the pic uploaded. If anyone has anymore info about the history of the place, could you please let us know. Cheers

Post the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

oooh im dying to see the photos:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Wailin

They wont post the pictures because they're talking ****e and dont have any 'spooky' pictures.

Advertisement