Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted House Near Carroll's Cross on N25, Waterford

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Wailin wrote: »
    They wont post the pictures because they're talking ****e and dont have any 'spooky' pictures.
    Sounds about right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

Beeker wrote: »
    Sounds about right:D
    was thinking that too;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Deise Tom wrote: »
    IF the house is haunted, who put in the new windows and doors a few years back, and why maybe was it not left to fall down in time if no one lives there.
    The ghost of the dead carpenter put them up.

About 50 years ago a carpenter lived there. He carved a ouija board out of chipboard. He couldn't live with the shame of what he did so he hung himself.

The use of chipboard was much frowned upon in the 1950s, and was called the devil's wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭x3wiggles

I've driven past this house every day for 10 years.
    A few times, I've seen the curtains move and a few times, I've seen lights on and also faces poking through the curtains. I could have sworn someone had lived there but after reading this thread, I'm freaked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I have to say the house looks in very good nick! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Im living near that house, i heard it was haunted but never heard of anything spooky going on there though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

That's where I turn off when I go down to see my parents. Will stop the next time and get the kids to go and knock on the back door under some pretext. That will pay them back for being brats and maybe the devils that reside in them may be only to glad to flee for refuge into the house. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

That's where I turn off when I go down to see my parents. Will stop the next time and get the kids to go and knock on the back door under some pretext. That will pay them back for being brats and maybe the devils that reside in them may be only to glad to flee for refuge into the house. :D

Haha Good one

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

I Heard the stories of lights being seen in the house at night, even though the power had been turned off in the house.

Of course i should point out that i can neither verify or refute this statement, just passing on what i heard.

The house is known around Dungarvan as being haunted.

Flop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The electricity is not turned off in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

x3wiggles wrote: »
    I've driven past this house every day for 10 years.
    A few times, I've seen the curtains move and a few times, I've seen lights on and also faces poking through the curtains. I could have sworn someone had lived there but after reading this thread, I'm freaked out.

Saw the curtains move a few times aswell. Worst one was when the people i was with said the curtains were moving i was tellin em 2 shutup and that it was mind tricks etc. but one set of curtains (the one on the top right of the OP pic) (which i took :pac:) opened fully out of nowhere. got the fright of me life

The grass is fairly short in the photo. Reckon the ghost has a hover-mower?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

OMG, I see an image of a young man in the pic from the OP!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Its true!!!!!!!!!! (just beside the door!)

I heard that when anyone stays there the windows smash, and that the owners who bought it were sick of replacing the windows ........ Sounds very far fetched now actually writing it down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Just stopped outside it for a few minutes while driving past, the downstairs light was on. I hadn't heard anything about it before this and had a bad feeling while outside.

neilk32 wrote: »
    Just stopped outside it for a few minutes while driving past, the downstairs light was on. I hadn't heard anything about it before this and had a bad feeling while outside.

I sometimes get a bad feeling when looking in the windows of other peoples' houses too. Especially when they call the police on me.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

dayshah wrote: »
    I sometimes get a bad feeling when looking in the windows of other peoples' houses too. Especially when they call the police on me.:eek:

We were just pulled up on the road outside.

tumblr_ldeduj266v1qf7v5fo1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

neilk32 wrote: »
    We were just pulled up on the road outside.

tumblr_ldeduj266v1qf7v5fo1_400.jpg

I'd love to have seen a pic in the window. Chances are there would have either someone sitting on a couch reading a book or some hobo glad of a bit of shelter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mpower85

im literally only 10 mins from this house! hear stories that it is haunted, never heard what happened in there dont think people want to talk about it but it be interesting why there is no one livin in there, i would love to go into it and explore but prob bring a spare pair of pants though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Interesting stuff but surely someone can confirm if someone lives there or not as I live close as well and it looks like theres definitely not someone living there so why is the light on?

• Advertisement

Interesting stuff but surely someone can confirm if someone lives there or not as I live close as well and it looks like theres definitely not someone living there so why is the light on?

Because the carpenter who hung himself really hated the Greens. They were always blaming him for cutting down trees. It put him under a lot of stress.

This is his revenge. Each night he turns on the light to increase CO2 emissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mpower85

theres noone livin in there. fact! they only leave a light on for security reasons and i have seen someone cutting the lawn just to keep it tidy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

dayshah wrote: »
    Because the carpenter who hung himself really hated the Greens. They were always blaming him for cutting down trees. It put him under a lot of stress.

This is his revenge. Each night he turns on the light to increase CO2 emissions.

:rolleyes:
    Mpower85 wrote: »
    theres noone livin in there. fact! they only leave a light on for security reasons and i have seen someone cutting the lawn just to keep it tidy!

thought so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Junior

Mpower85 wrote: »

They may as well stop doing that now then eh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Hiya Brian, we went to this house last night and took a couple of photos. When we looked at them on the camera, another photo appeared in between the 2 we had taken. It was a misty image, the other 2 that I'd taken were really clear images, when we zoomed in on the misty image you can see the face of an old woman. We got pure shivers when we walked around the back of the house, and a really eerie feeling. We'd also like to get some more info about the place. We're trying to get a clear image of the pic uploaded. If anyone has anymore info about the history of the place, could you please let us know. Cheers

BS

I live about two miles from this gaf, went down there for a snoop a few times, eerie feeling it must be said around the place buts htats cos the stories make ya perceive bad things around there

I reckon the stories are just tales that got a bit out of hand as the owner put a few stories around to keep robbers/squatters out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Forever Hopeful

brian1991 wrote: »
    I have always wondered about this strange house, and if ever I have gotten bad 'vibes' off a place, it is this from old house on the N25 from Waterford to Dungarvan, near Kilmeaden.
    Up until yesterday, I believed the cause of the haunting was a girl who was killed while cycling soon after she left the house, on the way to see her boyfriend, but passing the house with my father yesterday, he said that much more sinister things had happened there in the form of ouija boards, satan worship and so forth.

So does anyone know more about this house and it's history? I heard that many people have tried to stay there, but none have been able to, and that one ended up in an asylum as a result of staying there.

Here is a photo of the mysterious house:

4079300393a7489516869l.jpg

Any information about the house would be appreciated,
    Brian

Hi Brian,
    My grandmother was born not too far from this house near Kilmeaden. She passed away about 9 years ago and she always said this house was haunted. She was over 90 years old when she passed away and never remembers anyone living in that house but said that it always looked meticulous. I was so excited to read through this thread to try and learn exactly what happened. Just drove past it yesterday and noticed tyre tracks at the front which now I understand can be explained if someone who lives nearby takes care of the place. My regret is I wasn't old enough to ask my gran what she knew about the place. If anyone knows what happened there (eventhough there are a lot of stories on this thread which are interesting to read) I would love to be able to tell my folks as we still stop and look at that house every time we head to Portlaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

So where in this thread did you read what 'exactly happened'? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Forever Hopeful

Boskowski...Was that really necessary?
    If you actually read the post you would read:
    I was so excited to read through this thread to try and learn exactly what happened.
    Never said I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

we had many stories like this in my area as time went on the got longer . one was an old house with windows closed up i got the real reason from a history book in olden time there was a tax on light it got very expensive so the bricked up some windows . another was a big house that the roof would not stay on a priest had cursed it . real reason i again got from a history book like we have just now a down turn the family were broke their main provider was killed in the crimea war that was that . no mumbo jumbo . it should not be hard to find the real owner of the property talk nice and get the real story or it may like mine get longer and longer . do you think my bit of reading made any difference you guessed right no one wanted to hear the yarns are gospel happy new year all

• Advertisement

There is a pub very nearby. If something spooky was going on I'm sure some drunk would have noticed.

Advertisement