Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted House Near Carroll's Cross on N25, Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

dayshah wrote: »
    There is a pub very nearby. If something spooky was going on I'm sure some drunk would have noticed.

Haughtons pub? dont think you'll find many 'drunks' walking down that direction late at night on d N25 for their own safety to be honest

dont think many people will pay much attention to a 'drunks stories' claiming they saw ghost/ spirits on the way home from the pub :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Haughtons pub? dont think you'll find many 'drunks' walking down that direction late at night on d N25 for their own safety to be honest

dont think many people will pay much attention to a 'drunks stories' claiming they saw ghost/ spirits on the way home from the pub :D
    i,d say if there was drunks walkin near there they definately saw plenty of "SPIRITS" in haughtons lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

i,d say if there was drunks walkin near there they definately saw plenty of "SPIRITS" in haughtons lol

I heard the reason the house is haunted.

A man with a club foot went into Haughtons and asked for a Guinness. The barman said 'sorry, we're not licenced to serve spirits' so the man went off in a huff back to the house.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

Posted a thread in the City forum last night looking for info on this house and was directed here....unfortunately i'm none the wiser now :)
    I worked with a guy in the mid 70's who told me he could have bought this house for £500 but his wife wouldn't even go to look at it :eek:
    I'm surprised given all the ppl who live or have lived near it that the info on it is so scant.
    Anyone in Dungarvan know someone in the county council offices ? that's probably a good place to find out who owns it and the last time it was lived in etc.
    Maybe we should send for TAPS .....now that's an episode i'd watch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Scaldy Ned wrote: »
    ...unfortunately i'm none the wiser now :)
    It's a private house, on private property, there's not much more to tell. If you believe in ghosts and goules, little green men, hob goblins and spooks there's little anyone here can do to help you.
    The closest you might get are a few trolls....:p
    Anyone in Dungarvan know someone in the county council offices ? that's probably a good place to find out who owns it and the last time it was lived in etc.
    There's so much wrong with that, I don't know where to begin.
    Maybe we should send for TAPS .....now that's an episode i'd watch
    TAPS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ill ask my parents bout it as i only live a few minutes up the road to Newtown and Kilmac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Thanks for the link..

:rolleyes: money for old rope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mpower85

they tried to sell the house but no one bought it there has to be a reason!!

Mpower85 wrote: »
    they tried to sell the house but no one bought it there has to be a reason!!

Look at all the ghost estates and zombie hotels. Are they haunted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

dayshah wrote: »
    Look at all the ghost estates and zombie hotels. Are they haunted?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xxdeancxx

the man who lived in the house died and left it to his two sons but they had a fight and just left it then roumous popped up of the house being haunted i live near to it but dont know much but my uncle told me this and he thinks its all lies just to keep it from getting robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

I drive past this house almost every day and I never even noticed the house. Now that's spooky.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

OMG, I see an image of a young man in the pic from the OP!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Its true!!!!!!!!!! (just beside the door!)

Yeh ! and I bet the OP will tell us that there was definitely no one standing there when he took the photo !:eek::eek:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Have passed this house once a week for the past 20 years, its a well kept property and the owner or caretaker is usually out cutting the grass etc. My old man told me they tried to rent it out on a few occasions but no luck. Haunted or not i still find it very strange that no one has/is living there, how many people die at home in tragic or non tragic circumstances and we never hear of spiritual activities ??

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Maybe Poor Uncle Tom can tell you why he hasn't rented it out

Irish Fire wrote: »
    Maybe Poor Uncle Tom can tell you why he hasn't rented it out
    You have as active an imagination as those who profess this place to be haunted....:p

There is more paranormal activity in this dead thread being revived so often.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

You have as active an imagination as those who profess this place to be haunted....:p

There is more paranormal activity in this dead thread being revived so often.....:D

Best laugh I've had so far today..... thank you.......:) :)

Next time you're down there will ya ask the spooks to clean the curtains.... :)

I can take a good guess why its not rented out.

Its far from Waterford City, so no benefit of city life, but its so close to the Cork Rd you don't get the benefit of a quite nights sleep either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DLz

Where are these photos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

My mother told me the story of that house.The last family that lived there moved out 40 years ago because something weird was going on there.Then some locals decided to spend the night there to check if it was haunted and they all ran out after an hour!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

sponge_bob wrote: »
    middle window upstairs,
    there is a small child looking out from between the curtains
    also the gate to the left of the property, zoom in on it, there is a mysterious blue auora around the top of it, might be the carpenter

ur mad boy

sponge_bob wrote: »
    middle window upstairs,
    there is a small child looking out from between the curtains
    also the gate to the left of the property, zoom in on it, there is a mysterious blue auora around the top of it, might be the carpenter
    Is that Snady the Squirrel I see in the porch.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Looks on the outside in good condition if the last family who lived in their was 40 years ago. Love to stay in the house cause i think all this haunted stuff is a load of bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

I don't know if it's a load of rubbish, I'm still skeptical about this being haunted.

If anyone was to bother organizing something where we could stay there I'd be on for it.

I heard it was inherited. The people who inherited it had a falling out, and can't agree to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FootballWiz93

Things like this really freak me out, dont live to far from it either

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

haunted Tawdy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

niallo76 wrote: »
    haunted Tawdy
    I have seen that apparition myself floating aimlessly on the Tramore Road flailing one arm in a drinking motion and mumbling. Spooky.

Advertisement