Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA in Dispute Resolution - Independent Colleges.

Options
  • 19-08-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Would appreciate if anyone had some info, experience or an opinion of or on this course.

Anyone know/heard if it's good, bad or indifferent?

Would be very interested in doing something of this nature, but I don't want to commit to it for a couple of years only to find it's not what I had hoped (both in terms of the 'quality' of the award and course itself).

Thanks in advance!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

I believe its only starting for the first time ever this sept. so there wont be any feedback yet.

As regards Indo colleges, i think they are an excellent college, real modern, great facilities. The problem would be the prestige aspect, Indo Colleges is not Trinity or UCD on the CV. But if you want to improve your knowledge of what is bound to be a growing area of law then im sure its an excellent course.

UCD have a one year diploma in arbitration too - done at nights i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Sound, thanks for that.

Am I wrong not to be bothered by the 'prestige' aspect, though? Personally I don't buy into it. Fact is Trinity and UCD don't offer any of the Masters courses I'm interested in, while others do. Do employers bother with this sort of mullarkey nowadays?:confused:

To be honest I don't know if they do or not. I'd say some do, some dont. I think its more of a thing in the UK apparently, where I know alot of the big, 'Magic circle' law firms would only recruit people from Russell group universities - that is the oldest 14 universities.

I'm sure its an excellent masters though, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it if you decide to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ID@THEWIDOWS

Hi All,

I too am wondering about entering this course. I believe that it is an up and coming area that will flourish over the next few years. However, does anyone know what the accrediting body for this course is? Also it does not seem to be recognised by the Mediators Institute, would this matter when looking for employment? Also, I would like to know would such a masters open many employment opportunities? I currently have a 2.1 LLb and any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated....

If I were you I'd email Indo colleges and chat to them about it, I was thinking of doing a course there before and met and discussed it with the head lecturer, they were very informative.

• Advertisement
Advertisement