Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia with WIFI for Nokia CK-7W cradle?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a 5800Xpress but my new car has a Nokia CK-7W cradle. I'm guessing it'll be easier to change the phone than the cradle.
    Are there any Nokia phones with Wifi that fit into a CK-7W cradle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can use the car kit, but change the cradle, and then use a cigarette charger to charge the phone, how does that sound?

The cradle will come off, the support bracket with one screw, then you can mount a new cradle to suit your new phone onto the same support bracket. This will connect to the car kit using bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

anyway of adapting that cradle for HTC HD2? :D

i use it through bt but it would be handy cause it would work as a cradle for gps too then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Davy wrote: »
    You can use the car kit, but change the cradle, and then use a cigarette charger to charge the phone, how does that sound?

The cradle will come off, the support bracket with one screw, then you can mount a new cradle to suit your new phone onto the same support bracket. This will connect to the car kit using bluetooth.

If I can trade up to a X6 for a ton or less I'll do it, otherwise go with your plan.

If I can trade up to a X6 for a ton or less I'll do it, otherwise go with your plan.

Put the X6 wont fit in your current cradle anyway :confused:

No phones have pop-ports like the 6230i had. They will just connect via bluetooth, and only charge when plugged into the cigarette lighter. If your happy with 5800, why change the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Davy wrote: »
    Put the X6 wont fit in your current cradle anyway :confused:

No phones have pop-ports like the 6230i had. They will just connect via bluetooth, and only charge when plugged into the cigarette lighter. If your happy with 5800, why change the phone?

The cradle is powered with male pins at the bottom (pic), I presumed all the phones listed compatible with the kit plugged into the cradle were connected and powered via the cable?

The cradle is powered with male pins at the bottom, I presumed all the phones listed compatible with the kit, plugged into the cradle were connected and powered via the cable?

Nope!

They will work with the car kit using bluetooth for calls. They wont be charged. Those pins are called 'pop-port' i mentioned earlier, phones dont have these anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

that Bluetooth kit works with all phones...we have it in the car and it works with my hd2 and my mothers SE W995

Advertisement