Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workplace bullying

Options
  • 19-08-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Over 3 years ago since I left this company, but while I was working there the most atrocious experience occurred to me - mainly consisting of bullying from other members of staff and I am now suffering the psychological consequences of. Actually I have been all along but it is now beginning to hit me financially also. My question is whether I can now bring a case against them and if yes what laws apply? The laws in this area were changed (to the detriment of the employee) in 2008

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,506 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You need to go to a solicitor, or possibly Citizens Advice, we don't have enough information to make useful suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ok looksee - Would a solicitor advise me over the telephone - because I'm not in Ireland at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

i feel you, i made 2 complaints about my supervisor and now he is on vengeance to correct any error i make :eek: of course the manager took his side as his supervisors are always right:rolleyes:

i wish i didnt say nothing now as i feel he will end up getting me out of my job,hate it, i would leave but i really really need the money:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭niall1976

The winner is these situations is generally the person who manages teh information better.

If you are being bullied or treated unfairly by a senior person in your business, you need to write everything down. It can be time consuming, but you should email yourself to your personal email address on any day you have an issue with that person.

You shoudl try to make the email record as detailed as possible and strip out as much emotion as you possible can. The more objectve you make the record, the stronger your case.

If you get pushed to a point where you believe you are being managed out unfairly, you should then approach that person, quoting dates and examples of thei behaviour.

If that doesn't work, go to the person responsible for HR in your business and present them with your information.

Advertisement