Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 year old urinating on the couch

Options
  • 19-08-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We have a 3 year old girl. Recently we're started disciplining her (for not doing what told, trying to get her to tidy up etc).

Up until recently we've kind of let her away with stuff....

Twice this week she's urinated on the couch while watching tv. She said she forgot but has never done this before.
    She's out of nappies well over a year and normally says when she has to go to the toilet and goes on her own.
    Anyone any ideas?
    We have a 4 month old baby but she seems to get on great with him and doens't seem to be jealous.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

She might really be forgetting zombying out in front of the tv. My son is getting better at remembering. If he's watching tv, forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

A lot of kids seem to regress at some stage, she may have been just engrossed in the tv. I would go to your dr in case it may be an infection if it continues. Try going back to the basics of reminding her every so often to go to the loo and hopefully that might prevent accidents in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

My little one did the same at that age as well for reasons mentioned above i.e. prioritising tv over the pee and the odd kidney infection at the time. She has grown out of it since I think.

Partially because I have tv+ where tv can be paused;). I am cutting the tv out bit by bit

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's quite possibly related to the baby - regression is common enough in older siblings when someone new is competing for the parents' attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

She might really be forgetting zombying out in front of the tv. My son is getting better at remembering. If he's watching tv, forget it.

+1, when they get engrossed in something, even playing in the garden they just forget.

• Advertisement
Advertisement