Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls or texts dont work

Options
  • 19-08-2010 4:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

I have a friend on vodafone who can never call or text me, why is that? I can text or ring them fine, but when they ring me the call goes straight to my voice mail even if im standing right beside them, and texts don't deliver to me. Is there a fix for this? Im on meteor by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

It seems to be all the time. No he used to be able to get through in calls and text me fine but only the past week or 2 this has started happening. I think it's only me it happens with. I thought he was bull****ting me but he I then tried it and went straight to voicemail.

Anyone ever hear of anything like this? Would it be something to do with the way the number is in his phone book? Like if ge puts in +35385 etc will it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If he had '5' after the prefix, it would go straight to voicemail. Could someone have changed it in his phone messing?

Are you sure he is the only person having problems getting through to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kathola

When did this start happening Charlie?

I'm also on meteor and ever since yesterday at about 16.00 I haven't been able to receive any text messages from anyone and some of what I'm sending hasn't been sent.
    All messages in my delivery report box say Pending but I know several of them have delivered as I've been speaking to the people I sent them to.

No problem with calls - yet!

Meteor no longer have a phone number on which you can reach an actual human being as far as I'm aware so I'm going to have to go to the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

kathola wrote: »
    When did this start happening Charlie?

I'm also on meteor and ever since yesterday at about 16.00 I haven't been able to receive any text messages from anyone and some of what I'm sending hasn't been sent.
    All messages in my delivery report box say Pending but I know several of them have delivered as I've been speaking to the people I sent them to.

No problem with calls - yet!

Meteor no longer have a phone number on which you can reach an actual human being as far as I'm aware so I'm going to have to go to the store.

Sounds like your memory capacity for messages is full on the handset, delete all your messages and reboot the phone, should be sorted then.

OP - If you have moved your number from one network to another sometimes your incoming Call/SMS routing can still be pointing to your previous network.

Call customer care and advise them you cannot receive calls or SMS from vodafone, they will raise it with the relevant departments and you be good to go in about 24hrs.

Sounds like your memory capacity for messages is full on the handset, delete all your messages and reboot the phone, should be sorted then.

Tried that already. No joy. I finally got through to a person on meteor (Press 1, enter your phone number, wait for him to shut up about top up deals, press 5 and then press # to speak to a rep) and he told me to switch my sim into another phone and see if it works.
    It still didn't receive texts so he reckons it's something to do with the sim card and that I need to go get a blank one from the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Inn getting the same issue - text messages showing as "pending" for the last day or so.

long_b wrote: »
    Inn getting the same issue - text messages showing as "pending" for the last day or so.

If it's still happening, go to the nearest store and get them to give you a new sim card, worked for me!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

kathola wrote: »
    If it's still happening, go to the nearest store and get them to give you a new sim card, worked for me!:D

Still happening, getting worse if anything.
    Sim works fine in my spare phone, giving trouble in my android handset.
    Very annoying

• Advertisement
Advertisement