Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who does Soap Operas better?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,248 ✭✭✭✭

Whose do you prefer best and is the better?

Who does Soap Operas better? 29 votes

Ireland
    0% 0 votes
    UK
    24% 7 votes
    Oz and New Zealand
    65% 19 votes
    USA
    10% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I personally prefer Fair City to anything else but I do enjoy Eastenders and Neighbours.

I think Fair City make it more realistic to what life is like here and I enjoy the storylines and Louie ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,248 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I went for the American soap operas myself. I know they are always ott but I find them way more enjoyable tbh and the men are way hotter (Sorry Louie fans).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I went for Ireland as I only watch 3 soaps nowadays and two of them are Fair City and Ros na Rún...

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I went for UK not because they have many favourites of mine but because they have so many soaps with really talented actors. Doctors is one that rarely gets a mention but has lots of great storylines and the acting is great in it. Australia would be up there too.
    I think Ireland does well too but with such a lack of soaps it's hard to compete.
    America just goes over the top for me...Yes soaps like Young & the Restless or Bold & the Beautiful can be addictive but their storylines are sometimes ridiculous beyond belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

greenie wrote: »
    I went for UK not because they have many favourites of mine but because they have so many soaps with really talented actors. Doctors is one that rarely gets a mention but has lots of great storylines and the acting is great in it. Australia would be up there too.
    I think Ireland does well too but with such a lack of soaps it's hard to compete.
    America just goes over the top for me...Yes soaps like Young & the Restless or Bold & the Beautiful can be addictive but their storylines are sometimes ridiculous beyond belief.

I love Doctors too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I voted for Ireland. I do watch Corrie but following their storyline with John pushing a dead body in a wheelie bin wrapped in a carpet - it was neither funny or realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Why are Oz and NZ together?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

Home and Away is the only soap I can stand to watch so oz.

Advertisement