Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

viewing scripts

• 19-08-2010 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

i'm just wondering how this process works, i know you fill in the form and stuff but what actually happens? i want to view more than one script so will i be allowed to bring in a differnet teacher for each subject or do i have to stick with one:confused: will we be in individual rooms or will everyone be together? is there a time limit for viewing each script? i can't see anything about this in the booklet:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

It appears we view the scripts at the start of September then we decide whether we want to appeal the results after viewing the papers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

i like pie wrote: »
    i'm just wondering how this process works, i know you fill in the form and stuff but what actually happens? i want to view more than one script so will i be allowed to bring in a differnet teacher for each subject or do i have to stick with one:confused: will we be in individual rooms or will everyone be together? is there a time limit for viewing each script? i can't see anything about this in the booklet:(

It says you can only have one teacher at any one time, so you can have more than one teacher. Everybody will be in the same room or rooms, but spaced out. There's no time limit, you can look at the same script for the whole period (3 hrs) if you like. They're not particularly strict about it, the teachers wandered around between students when I was viewing mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Do you view the scripts in the school or do you have to go to a special centre? You don't pay anything to view them do you? Thinking of having a look at a few of mine.

dee o gee wrote: »
    Do you view the scripts in the school or do you have to go to a special centre? You don't pay anything to view them do you? Thinking of having a look at a few of mine.

In your school. You don't have to pay a thing, you should look at them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

dee o gee wrote: »

you view them in the school where you did your exam. it's free to view them:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Yeah you may as well view them all. I'm viewing them all for the craic. I only viewed Irish last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I wanna view 3 ok, so i have 2 teachers and my sister(to look at maths) so like do i like view maths and then get my sis to look at it then view english and call my english teacher in.....is that how it would work??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

Yeah you may as well view them all. I'm viewing them all for the craic. I only viewed Irish last year.

me too, i'm even viewing the ones i got a's in!! just to see how i did on certain q's or the individual paper 1/2:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

If a particular teacher doesnt/ cant come in are we given the marking scheme??

LovexxLife wrote: »
    I wanna view 3 ok, so i have 2 teachers and my sister(to look at maths) so like do i like view maths and then get my sis to look at it then view english and call my english teacher in.....is that how it would work??
    Your teacher will more than likely be staying in the room, helping other students as well. The best thing to do would bring your sister in with you when you go in first, view your maths, and let her leave when you're finished with it.
    DGRulz wrote: »
    If a particular teacher doesnt/ cant come in are we given the marking scheme??
    Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

The more I think about it the more I think it's a better idea to check them all especially since I made a huge mistake in thinking my course was a minimum 185 last year and having got 350 yesterday I thought Im sorted, checked the qualifax site this morning and it was 185 in 2008 and 330 in 2009, hope to god it doesn't shoot up more. I thought all year it was 185, I checked the college website and the prospectus but didn't think to check qualifax. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

That's a pretty big jump all right.

You should be able to double-check the points here.

Advertisement