Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registation & Tuition Fee's?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Ok so to make a long story short I previously attended a third level degree (4 years) but only completed the first year before dropping out, which was in 2008.

I am now returning to college in UCD to do a 3 year degree and was under the impression that I would be liable to pay tuition fee's for that first year.

However the current fee payment page on the registration process only lists the usual student services fee and levy.

Is this correct or will my tuition fee's be added to the account balance at a later date?

Also would the fact that this time it's a 3 year degree mean that the 1 year of the 4 year degree I already does not count?! And I will in fact have "free fee's" for the 3 years of this course?!

Seriously confused here!!

Cheers to anyone who can help me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

you are liable for full fees unfortunitely.you dropped out after first year in 2008. there needs to be a gap of 5 years before you could be eligable for free fees again.

here's the fees for UCD's programmes:
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/undergraduate.htm

yeah i think your fees will be added on when you're fully registered in september.
    so while it says you owe 1654 euro, when you fully register this could go up to 6000 euro depending on what course your doing. you'll have to pay the full fees for each year of the course you're doing in UCD, so that's around 6000 euro a year.

Advertisement