Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish HL Results

• 19-08-2010 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

I'm interested to know how everyone got on in Irish HL? I worked really hard for this subject, and it was my worst result out of my 6 honors, B3, i don't think this reflects the amount of work i put into it.I thought i did quite well in oral and written. I'm thinking about getting it re checked anyway:) Was everyone happy with their Irish grade?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

i was very happy, i got an a1! i'm one of the best in my class so it was expected(not to sound like ass, i'm just being honest!!), but i thought my oral was awful and the an trial q was a disaster but i just got the a1:) anyone that i've been talking to in my class got what they deserved and all seemed happy with their results!
    you should definitely view your script if you think you deserved higher, you'll only get to see your paper 1 and 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

i was probably the complete opposite...got a B1 but tbh didnt think i deservd it, i spent alot of my time sulking as i had a teacher who was really bad and crammed like half the poems and all the SnaG in a month....so as u can guess this was a huge shock for me. I experienced what u felt however in geography...put so much work in2 this and only got a B2 :-S, ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I got a B3, and have absolutely no idea how that happened, as I left paper 2 after an hour due to a medical problem with less than half the paper done. My paper 1 and Oral must've been way better than I thought they'd be. :)
    Very very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

got a B2, kinda dissapointed because i was well capable of getting an A but paper 1 comprehensions were a disaster :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

i like pie wrote: »
    i was very happy, i got an a1! i'm one of the best in my class so it was expected(not to sound like ass, i'm just being honest!!), but i thought my oral was awful and the an trial q was a disaster but i just got the a1:) anyone that i've been talking to in my class got what they deserved and all seemed happy with their results!
    you should definitely view your script if you think you deserved higher, you'll only get to see your paper 1 and 2.

well done...dats abosolutely brill say u're real proud...any1 who gets an A in hl irish is a hero in my books lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

pa4 wrote: »
    got a B2, kinda dissapointed because i was well capable of getting an A but paper 1 comprehensions were a disaster :(

yah the comprehensions were a right pain this year...f****** camino!!. I have a feeling they brought down my p1 score somehow......:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Really disappointed, put so much work in this year and didn't get the result I deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I got an A1. Absolutely delighted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

I got a C1 and was pretty happy. I thought that i did really good in my oral and essay but when i think of my Paper 2 i can see where i went down. I don't think i even answered the HL Poetry question properly and I still don't know what the An Triail question was haha. All I needed was a C for teaching so i'm very happy with getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 EabhaMae

Grace16 wrote: »
    I got a C1 and was pretty happy. I thought that i did really good in my oral and essay but when i think of my Paper 2 i can see where i went down. I don't think i even answered the HL Poetry question properly and I still don't know what the An Triail question was haha. All I needed was a C for teaching so i'm very happy with getting it.

I got a C1 too but I'm pretty sure I did really bad in my oral so I was happy with it! Snap on the An Triail question... I should look that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 twinklestar123

i am a mature student going to repeat irsh parttime. can you tell me the name of the books for doing the exam next yeat? also if any one wants to sell their books and exam revision books il buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Got a B2! Over the moon....had predicted I got a C2!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

got a B3 which im absolutley delighted with...! got a C1 last year so im so happy 2 have gone up a grade..! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 EabhaMae

i am a mature student going to repeat irsh parttime. can you tell me the name of the books for doing the exam next yeat? also if any one wants to sell their books and exam revision books il buy them?

You'll need An Triail anyway. :) Probably Fiúntas again and the oral help book that I'm really sorry but I can't remember the name of! I'm not to sure because they are changing the structure a little now.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

Hi, because the course is changing my sister who is doing TY won't be able to use my books so I have the two Fiúntas books which I can give you for free, how do I get them to you though? I live in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

got a b3, want it rechecked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I got an A2 and im delighted:D wasn't expecting it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ilikesunshine

i got a B1 feel a bit cheated tbh really wanted an A1 got 84.666666666666666666666 in my mocks and I worked really hard at the oral and felt it went really well ....
    Will we get to see the tapework any1 know ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

i got a B1 feel a bit cheated tbh really wanted an A1 got 84.666666666666666666666 in my mocks and I worked really hard at the oral and felt it went really well ....
    Will we get to see the tapework any1 know ??

we don't get to see the marks for the oral if that's what your asking - but there's 600 points altogher and 450 for the paper 1 paper 2 and tape - we so if you got 80% overall then you got 480 marks from 600... then add up marks from paper 1,2 and tape and you can see how the oral went by taking this answer from 480...

we get to see the written paper if we review the scripts.. not the marks for the oral...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ilikesunshine

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    we don't get to see the marks for the oral if that's what your asking - but there's 600 points altogher and 450 for the paper 1 paper 2 and tape - we so if you got 80% overall then you got 480 marks from 600... then add up marks from paper 1,2 and tape and you can see how the oral went by taking this answer from 480...

we get to see the written paper if we review the scripts.. not the marks for the oral...

thanks for this nope I know i can work out the oral exactly cause I saw him writing 30 for my reading thing =] the irish results were down in my school - which is v academic but only like 30% did honours ! _ so thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

i got an a1 which i was quitely confident of gettin but i got a b2 in both maths and economics after expecting a1s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

C1. Happy with that, I always punched above my weight in Irish because I was never naturally good at it. C2 in the mocks so it was an improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

A2 ! Very surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cli2931

A2. Was absolutely delighted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nicolasusername

Somehow managed an A1 despite majorly screwing up the tapework...was pretty shocked as I hadn't really learnt anything off! I have a feeling they may have been harsh on people with learnt off stuff this year, lots of my friends did grinds and wrote word perfect learnt off answers yet didn't get the A grade they expected, the oral examiners were fairly harsh on learnt off material too in our school. Anyone else notice that or is it all in my head?!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

B2! so happy considering my oral was an absolute disaster! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I got a B1 - Happy is not the word! I didn't even put much emphasis on Irish when I was studying as I assumed I wouldn't be counting it in my top 6, but I was delighted with a B1 and ended up counting it!

I'm sure I mucked up Paper One though, so I'm guessing it's the Oral and Paper Two that brought me up. I didn't even spend that much time on poetry, instead of learning off notes I just knew how to translate the poems into English so I actually had a full copy of the poem in front of me - whichever question came up I could just work through the poem in answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

cli2931 wrote: »
    A2. Was absolutely delighted! :D

Exact same!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

So pissed with Irish! I would consider myself near fluent and was hoping for an A2 but somehow I came out with an C1:mad:! I feel so much worse when I hear about all the people who did better than me and whos standard of irish would be fairly basic... Sickening...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭starry nights

absolutely pissed about irish!!
    got an A2 but really thought i'd get an A1.

see i've been in an irish school my whole life and taught it and only the 'an triail' question threw me so i really felt i had the A1.

i'm gonna view the script and maybe appeal.... grrr

Advertisement