Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I re-apply thermal paste on my 550?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

I get in and around 55C full load at 3.7gHz with my coolermaster V8, CPU voltage at 1.392 (set to 1.4 in BIOS).

Is this right? Should I not be getting lower?

Idle temps are around 36C.

Case is HAF 922 so airflow is not a problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I get in and around 55C full load at 3.7gHz with my coolermaster V8, CPU voltage at 1.392 (set to 1.4 in BIOS).

Is this right? Should I not be getting lower?

Idle temps are around 36C.

Case is HAF 922 so airflow is not a problem.
    It's hard to say without knowing what temps were like with both the stock cooler and the V8 @ stock clocks (and what the stock cooler was like @ 3.7). Any cores unlocked? Also what are other temps like? Is the cooler securely mounted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I think those temps are actually at 3.1 with all 4 cores unlocked, going by TMPIN2/Temp3.

The highest temp under load was 64C, TMPIN1/Temp2, but I think I tested that as a 550 (not an B50 i.e. not unlocked) and TMPIN2/Temp3 was much closer to core temperatures.

I think those temps are actually at 3.1 with all 4 cores unlocked, going by TMPIN2/Temp3.

The highest temp under load was 64C, TMPIN1/Temp2, but I think I tested that as a 550 (not an B50 i.e. not unlocked) and TMPIN2/Temp3 was much closer to core temperatures.

I think you rush in to things too much.

I think you rush in to things too much.
    I'm sorry, but what do you mean by that?

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by that?

I read a lot of your posts in this forum. You ask a lot of questions, which is great because the regular posters here really know their stuff. However I just always get that feeling that you try to do two things at once and you might be at risk of overlooking something, costing you €€€'s. I'm criticizing you coz I don't want to see you bork your PC. It's not advised that you take it slow when tweaking with the inside of PC, it's a rule.

Do you have any stock temps?

• Advertisement

I read a lot of your posts in this form. You ask a lot of questions, which is great because the regular posters here really know their stuff. However I just always get that feeling that you try to do two things at once and you might be at risk of overlooking something, costing you €€€'s. I'm criticizing you coz I don't want to see you bork your PC.

Do you have any stock temps?
    I'll get them now.

Just tested at stock.
    34C idle
    43 load

The load temp is good but the ambient has me worried.

Just tested at stock.
    34C idle
    43 load

The load temp is good but the ambient has me worried.
    Do you know what it was with the stock cooler and all four cores unlocked? I think most aftermarket air coolers don't really have as much of an effect on idle temps as they do on load temps.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

It's not advised that you take it slow when tweaking with the inside of PC, it's a rule.

Logic Fail? :confused::P

Solitaire wrote: »
    Logic Fail? :confused::P
    Nope :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

Perfectly logical to me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

So you don't recommend tweaking slowly? :confused:

Solitaire wrote: »
    So you don't recommend tweaking slowly? :confused:
    It's not something that is "just" recommended - it's a must! Or at least that is the point I was trying to get across. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

It's not something that is "just" recommended - it's a must! Or at least that is the point I was trying to get across. :o

Syntax Error! I got what you were saying when i glanced back over it

The folks at OC.Net are saying the load temps are awesome, so I guess I'll save taking the cooler off for when I get my 1055T :)

Now to just slowly tweak my way to 4.0

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Syntax Error! I got what you were saying when i glanced back over it
    Can we avoid using the terms "logic" and "syntax" please? College doesn't start back for another month!

Advertisement