Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Christmas comes twice

Options
  • 19-08-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I bought a phone at Christmas with the above offer of a new phone in August, but, unfortunately I only registered the phone once instead of twice. I did top up by the specified amount each month but o2 will not honour the offer because it was not registered twice. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

noniemc wrote: »
    I only registered the phone once instead of twice. [/I]

Im not sure what you mean by this?

when you bought the phone at christmas, you had to go to the o2 website and register it in January. Then topup each month, and you would receive a promo code, which you get to use on the site in the month of august. If you have the promo code, you still have till the end of the month to use it.

Welcome to boards by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dasiymay

Hi,

I registered correctly, but o2 never sent me the codes. Rang them up and they gave them to me over the phone, but they still don't work and NOW the are saying that I never registered!!! I have been back and forth with o2 since the 1st Aug and I have now placed an official complaint with ComReg. O2 are going to lose 3 prepay customers over this and dont seem to be one bit bothered.

o2 are saying lots of people are having trouble with this offer (I'm not surprised). Yes it seems to be a con job alright!

Send a message to Daryll from o2 who is on boards and he should be able to look into it for you.

Welcome to boards :)

Hi,

No point, I have spoken to over 10 different people at o2 and they all say the same thing. ComReg is now dealing with my complaint on my behalf.

Thanks

Dasiymay wrote: »
    Hi,

No point, I have spoken to over 10 different people at o2 and they all say the same thing. ComReg is now dealing with my complaint on my behalf.

Thanks

It fairness to daryll here he has sorted a lot of people on here. Im sure he could check the list to see if you are on it or not, you should be as you got a code already. As your now gone to comreg, its probably best just leave it in there hands. Let us know how you get on in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 noniemc

Davy wrote: »
    Im not sure what you mean by this?

when you bought the phone at christmas, you had to go to the o2 website and register it in January. Then topup each month, and you would receive a promo code, which you get to use on the site in the month of august. If you have the promo code, you still have till the end of the month to use it.

Welcome to boards by the way :)
    Thanks
    02 said that the phone had to be registered twice and I would have got a promo code but I didn't realise that at the time. So now they won't honour it even though the 'phone has been topped up each month and they know it was purchased under that promotion,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gowens999

Hi,

I registered correctly, but o2 never sent me the codes. Rang them up and they gave them to me over the phone, but they still don't work and NOW the are saying that I never registered!!! I have been back and forth with o2 since the 1st Aug and I have now placed an official complaint with ComReg. O2 are going to lose 3 prepay customers over this and dont seem to be one bit bothered.

o2 are saying lots of people are having trouble with this offer (I'm not surprised). Yes it seems to be a con job alright!

I had the exact same problem. I bought the phone and registered on O2.ie as was instructed to do. At no point was I told to register a second time on the website. That is ridiculous.

I'd be interested to know if you are able to sort the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 noniemc

Hi

No I had no luck with O2, they said because the 'phone wasn't registered twice that I wasn't entitled to the free 'phone. I did tell them that there are 4 people in the household with O2 and we were considering changing networks but they didn't seem interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Bought my daughter a phone last year and registered it exactly as instructed but noticed when we got the email back with the ref. number ,they had the phone number wrong.
    I rang customer service at the time and he said that it was no problem as the offer went by the IMEI number,the number they had linked to the offer didn't even exist!!!
    Lo and behold,i go to redeem it and they NOW say they won't redeem it as it goes by phone number.That's not what they said in january.:mad:
    So after many phone calls with their useless ,so called award winning customer care,me and my entire family have now decided to move back to meteor.
    In the current economic climate, o2.ie should really learn to get their finger out and it defies belief that they are willing to lose out on 1000 euro+ business a year over a 79.99 phone.:confused:

Ben, see if you can find out who you were speaking too that day. Thats not on. The offer is based on topping on your account, if they hadn't your number correct, when you were topping up, it wasn't gonna be taken into account. How he could say it was ok i don't understand.

I though daryll or paddy from o2 would have posted in the thread by now, will let them know and hopefully they might sort something for the offer ends next week.

• Advertisement

Thanks,yeah you're right,doesn't make sense but this is from the supervisor i was speaking to.
    He also said i broke the terms of conditions by registering the wrong phone number.
    I could have sworn i entered the right number ,but he said the whole process is fully automated from me registering to getting ref .number and voucher code,there is no human input, so it is impossible for the error to be on o2.ie's part.
    I find this hard to believe as it smacks of a typo,entering same digit twice,therefore cutting a digit off the end.
    Since i brought up the error at the time and was told it didn't matter,i believe o2.ie should be liable.

Sent a PM to daryl from 02 several days ago and never got a reply ,sums up my experience with O2 staff.
    Seems like a bit of a scam,probably made errors with phone number on purpose so as to void the offer:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Sorry, I have been on holidays for the last couple of weeks. I will get to all my PM's as soon as possible if someone hasn't done it for me already.

Sorry, I have been on holidays for the last couple of weeks. I will get to all my PM's as soon as possible if someone hasn't done it for me already.

Any update daryll as today was to be the last day for this offer. Nobody responded on your behalf to the pm I sent you.

Hi guys,

sorry I havn't been on the web lately.

But you didn't have to register twice. You had to register on www.02/twice.ie , aswell as www.02.ie to receive your free credit.

If you done this please get in touch with ComReg - 01 804 9668/ 1890 229668 or email them on comsumerline@comreg.ie

I just had a call from o2 to say sorry and that lots of the codes would not work for their customers etc... and they just gave me a new one and I just ordered my new phone this evening.

Even though the offer ends tonight do not let them get away with it. They made me wonder if I ever did register properly, but I was persistent.

Let me know how ye all get on - If it wasn't for ComReg O2 would have lost 3 phones to another network.

I haven't gotten any PM's from anyone in this thread. Contact me by this evening and we will look at sorting this problem out. I am sure that we can come to some sort of agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Hi,

Same problem here, when I bought the phone, the guy in the shop registered me there and then - no email arrived with the the promo and verification codes.
    Contacted ''Customer Care'', who said that I wasn't properly registered, and that the shop rep shouldn't have registered me, that I should have done it myself, as if that would have made any difference.
    I was told to take it up with the retailer, who in turn said that there was nothing they could do, the promotion was over and that it was an issue to be taken up with O2.......All in all, a most unsatisfactory situation which encourages me to cancel my billpay contract when it comes up for renewal and to move the family phones (5) to another provider.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

EDIT: LOADS of unhappy O2 suckers, I mean customers on the O2 Forums

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    Same problem here, when I bought the phone, the guy in the shop registered me there and then - no email arrived with the the promo and verification codes.
    Contacted ''Customer Care'', who said that I wasn't properly registered, and that the shop rep shouldn't have registered me, that I should have done it myself, as if that would have made any difference.
    I was told to take it up with the retailer, who in turn said that there was nothing they could do, the promotion was over and that it was an issue to be taken up with O2.......All in all, a most unsatisfactory situation which encourages me to cancel my billpay contract when it comes up for renewal and to move the family phones (5) to another provider.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

He registered you on o2.ie for your name and to get your bonus credit. This can be at anytime, before or after January. To participate in this offer, you had to register at o2.ie/twice between jan 1st and jan 31st. This was a term of the offer, and because it wasnt done they are entitled to say no to you. The guy in the store should have made it clear to you that you were just being registered for name against number, as opposed to opting in to this offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mdawg

same thing happened to me, bought a phone on the o2 network last christmas only because of the free phone this summer.
    i registered it, to my recollection correctly but never recieved any infromation back, then recently i contacted o2 to see where my free phone was.
    they told me that i registered incorrectly for the 2nd phone offer and basically told me tough titties.
    i told them they would be losing a customer and they didnt even reply to my email.

Mdawg wrote: »
    same thing happened to me, bought a phone on the o2 network last christmas only because of the free phone this summer.
    i registered it, to my recollection correctly but never recieved any infromation back, then recently i contacted o2 to see where my free phone was.
    they told me that i registered incorrectly for the 2nd phone offer and basically told me tough titties.
    i told them they would be losing a customer and they didnt even reply to my email.

Did you register at o2.ie/twice in January though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Davy wrote: »
    He registered you on o2.ie for your name and to get your bonus credit. This can be at anytime, before or after January. To participate in this offer, you had to register at o2.ie/twice between jan 1st and jan 31st. This was a term of the offer, and because it wasnt done they are entitled to say no to you. The guy in the store should have made it clear to you that you were just being registered for name against number, as opposed to opting in to this offer.

As it happens, I DID register on the first week of Jan, never got a confirmation e-mail......go figure.....

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    As it happens, I DID register on the first week of Jan, never got a confirmation e-mail......go figure.....

Well if you did on register in january on the 'twice' section of the o2 website, daryll should be able to confirm this for you, and why you didnt get a promo code.

I am now waiting for my brand new meteor phone,my wife and daughter are waiting for their unlock codes so they can also switch,all because of o2's "christmas comes twice" scam.
    They seem to be bending over backwards so as not to honour this promotion.
    Along with this and the fact they tend to "forget" to apply free calls and texts on a regular basis.

You had to register on www.02/twice.ie , aswell as www.02.ie to receive your free credit.

If you done this please get in touch with ComReg - 01 804 9668/ 1890 229668 or email them on comsumerline@comreg.ie

The offer date might be over, but O2 have clearly broken there contract.

I was ready to walk away and sign up to a new network, but thought I'd contact ComReg first and low and behold O2 backed down and said I did register properly and gave me the new codes over the phone.

DON'T LET O2 GET AWAY WITH THIS - ComReg is the way to go!!!!

Let me know how ye all get on!

Even though i had a bad experience with o2,Daryll did his best to sort it out ,good to know that o2 have some staff that actually listen to their customers.

ben101 wrote: »
    Even though i had a bad experience with o2,Daryll did his best to sort it out ,good to know that o2 have some staff that actually listen to their customers.
    I know there is another PM from you in my Inbox, I set aside some time tomorrow morn to go through these so I will answer it then.

Advertisement